June 2, 2011

Announcement and Kristina Werner *Day 3*

To begin today I have an announcement I am sooo incredibly honored to tell you about. This month I am the muse over on the CASE study challenge blog. If you haven't visited the CASE study challenge blog, be sure to check it out HERE. It is such a fun challenge and if you play along this month you will be making cards inspired me lil' ol' me! I know I am going to do my very best to check out and comment on each and every entry. Seriously, thanks SOOO much to the design team and to Chupa for this opportunity. Here's a sneak peek at my card over there today, click HERE to see the entire card: Now, here's a look at today's inspiration card by Kristina Werner:


I am always so amazed by the way Kristina integrates stamping with patterned paper on her cards- something that I struggle with! This card is no exception. And of course, Kristina's overall design is flawless!
Here is my take:

I began by piercing the card base and then inking with Wild Honey and Walnut Stain Distress Ink. The brown/green background was created by stamping Penny Black 40-046 Circular Design onto Penny Black Mix and Match Cardstock (Seabreeze Collection) with Versamark Ink. Next, I sprinkled this with clear embossing powder and heat it using a heat gun. Once set, I rubbed the entire piece with Vintage Photo Distress STAIN. I applied 3 layers of the stain. After this dried, I wiped the embossed areas with a baby wipe to remove any excess ink. Finally, I embossed the sentiment, Penny Black 3852E True Friends, with white embossing powder. This piece was then inked with Spiced Marmalade and Fired Brick Distress Ink. Butterflies are from Spellbinder's die and Martha Stewart punch.

Thanks sooooo much for your visits and sweet comments!!! See you tomorrow for our last day of inspiration with Kristina Werner. HUGS!

12 comments :

Elizabeth Allan said...

Congratulations Jill on your CASE study challenge blog invitation!!! Can't wait to hop over and see your card.

Lin said...

Oh GOODIE!! I love that challenge and I'm so glad to see you as our Muse - Congratulations, Jill!! This will be fun!

Kathy said...

Congratulations on being the muse!!!! You are such a wonderful artist, Jill so I am not surprised but I am so happy they chose you! And you have done an amazing card of interpreting Kristina's card!!! Beautifully done:)

Barb said...

Congrats to you, Jill! Gorgeous cards today from both you and Kristina!

Virginia L. said...

Congrats on your guest design at CAS study!! Stunning card as always!

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Woohoo... Way to go, Jill! Beautiful card! :)

Tiffany said...

Yay, congrats to you! Really beautiful card designs by both of you! Love the warm,autumn like colors!

Mendi said...

Congratulations! I sweeter and more talented person couldn't have been chosen. I love a good challenge so I'll try to play along. Your cards are so beautiful and inspiring! :)

donna mikasa said...

Congrats, Jill! Your work is always so stunning and inspiring!

Colorado Crafter said...

It's so nice to hear that I'm not alone with my struggle in using patterned paper! LOL!1 I keep hoping I'll get over it! Love your card today, as always. Congrats on being chosen for the CASE study challenge.

Cathy A said...

Congratulations on being the new Muse! I loved your card over on their blog. Fabulous inspired cards today too.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

SO glad to have you with us this month! I hope you'll enjoy every minute in the spotlight :)