June 22, 2011

CASE Study Challenge Blog

I'm up again as the muse at the CASE Study Challenge blog! And can I tell you that your entries last week were so jaw dropping, I think I may need a jaw readjustment... can chiropractors do that? LOL
Here's the inspiration card for this week's challenge, created by me: And here's my take:
The rose, Penny Black4184K Rosa, was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored with Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Stamper's Big Brush Markers and the white Pastel Pencil. Card base is a Stampin' Up Top Note Die Cut, cut using black paper. The bottom portion of the card was distressed with Broken China, Brushed Corduroy, and Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink and then flicked with water. Sentiment by Penny Black, 30-064 Good Catch. Sentiment and rose adhered with dimensional adhesive.

The overall layout for this card was inspired by the awesome Teneale Williams- you can visit her blog HERE.
Be sure to pop over to the CASE Study Challenge Blog to see the other designer's take on my card and for details on how to play along. I have been checking out all of the cards and want to give everyone a BIG thank you for participating and for your kind words!

Oh, and there is still time to enter my giveaway- details HERE. (Thursday is the last day...ending at 11:59 PM Pacific Time)
I'll be back tomorrow with our last GORGEOUS inspiration piece by Joanne.
And I can't go without leaving you another hint about my big upcoming announcement:

Some of you are pretty close in guessing what all of these hints are about... so fun! :)

26 comments :

Sheree said...

Gorgeous!! I love your take on the inspiration card. Your distressing is awesome... Love it!!

DeAnna Allan said...

I love that you reversed the "new" take by having the dark solid color at the top behind the flower! Your distressing is perfect, as always ;D

donna mikasa said...

Gorgeous cards as always! Can't wait for your big reveal--I'm sure it will be awesome!

Dawn said...

I love how you have done a case of your own work... it is a gorgeous card. Sounds like you are very excited about your announcement.. can't wait...

redscrap said...

what a really nice card, good luck with the callenges
greetings mina

the reed family said...

A video tutorial featuring techniques with mementoes. Love both your cards.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Jill your artistic well runneth over!

Aimes said...

What a jaw-droppingly fabulous CASE! Gimme the number of that chiropractor if you find one to re-adjust jaws *wink*
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Kathy said...

Oh my goodness!!! You have outdone your own work, Jill. So amazing, so pretty. I love the color combination-black just sets everything off! I love the little peek of text behind the flowers. I want that die shape, it just dresses up a card. So now we do know the announcement has something to do with Mementos too...I am just now using Mementos dye ink and look forward to what you have in store for us Girlie!

Anonymous said...

These cards are just beautiful! MOM

SannaS said...

oh my....these are absolutely brilliant!! and i love love love your take on the challenge card!!! GORGEOUS!!! =)
hugs, SannaS

Teneale Williams said...

Hey that's ME! lol. I just LOVE both the cards, I want to keep you as our CASE Study Muse forever. I have already said it but I just adore your art.

Kathy (krolski) said...

I can't wait for this announcement Jill! I love both of your cards!! So gorgeous!

Tracey said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE both of these cards Jill!!!! I so want to try one!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

CanadianScraps43 said...

I need to get my jaw re-adjusted just from all that you make and share here. Especially today.Talk about a "hit the floor & pick up ya jaw" kind of cards. Wow this is just stunning. I can look at this all day. You blow me away Mrs! So now I am thinking Instructional CD from you and Momentos. Can't wait to see what it is all about. Hugs.

Carmen said...

They're both really nice!

Eva said...

Jillian, this is AMAZING!!!! You really inspire me! Thank you for all the art you create!

Kim B said...

Oh! soooooooooooo pretty! Love the colors too.

Cathy A said...

Great card Jill, love the torn edges and stitched edge

Sandra said...

your cards always make me smile ....
Thanks Jill!
Sandra ltb

Diane said...

Beautiful as always...your case of it is wonderful...wish I could doodle like her ........maybe a class somewhere....whatever it is...I amsure it will be wonderful!!

Conniecrafter said...

Love how the flower pops against that black and the torn edges are neat!

Julie said...

So gorgeous Jill! That rose is just beautiful, and I love the tearing that you've done.

Brenda said...

Oh wow! I love your take on your own card! Those torn edges and the text paper add so much character to this card! Beautiful Jill!

Sue Kohler said...

Super brilliant Jill, I love that you have CASED a CASE! The colour in the flowers reflecting the colours at the bottom is amazing! Definately a rocker!! :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

I'm normally scared of too much black space on a card, but you just showed me the way, girl!! What a brilliant, breathtaking card!