June 8, 2011

CASE Study Challenge with Amy

Hi everyone! I'm so excited to share that it is my next week as the muse over on the CASE study challenge blog. It was SUCH a treat to check out each and every entry for last week's challenge, I sure hope you'll play along this week, too! Here is this week's inspiration card by yours truly: And here's my take for this week:

I began by stamping Penny Black 3865K Gossamer in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto a white piece of cardstock cut into a circle. I also stamped it onto an extra sheet of white cardstock paper. The flowers and leaves were colored with Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Stamper's Big Brush Markers and Pastel Pencils. I next I cut them out and adhered them to the circle using dimensional adhesive. The circle was distressed with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink and and the sentiment, Penny Black 30-032 Enjoy Life, was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. To create the background I stamped Penny Black 40-048 Paisley Outline using VersaMark Ink, sprinkled with white embossing powder, and set with heat. Over the top of the embossing I applied Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick, and Dusty Concord Distress Ink.

Now, because the super talented Amy is our featured artist this week AND she is a design team member for the CASE Study Challenge blog, we have her take on the original inspiration, too. I love how she took the circular element and text background and made it her own. Absolutely stunning!

See you here tomorrow for our next gorgeous card by Amy. HUGS!

14 comments :

Simone said...

WOW!! All of these cards are so beautiful Jill. Absolutely love that gorgeous background you created and the twine adds such a nice rustic feel. Stunning cards!

KayBeHybrid said...

soooo beautiful cards.. wow.. love them all.. ♥♥♥
Hugs, Katrin

Dawn said...

All three cards are stunning. Love the way you did your background with the white embossed paisley Jill and love the way Amy used her flowers on her text background. Lots of lovely inspiration

Ellie said...

I LOVE the card with the Penny Black Gossamer stamp!!!

I am going to have a look on Amy's blog too!
Thanks for the inspiration!

Julie said...

Gorgeous card Jill....I especially love your colors on these cards!

Kathy said...

Jill, this card of yours has got to my favorite! I love the flowers, love the circle, love the colors!! Just a gorgeous card. And Amy's card is very pretty:)

Joy said...

Truly stunning work by you both, amazing artists and inspiring to boot all wrapped up in one week...love it...hugs my friend!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful cards! MOM

Barb said...

Fun post today, Jill! And wow! Amazing cards today! So totally gorgeous! Thanks so much for visiting my blog this week too. . .I know how busy you are. . .sending hugs! :)

Chelsea said...

These are wonderful. Love the colors.

Chelsea said...

These are wonderful. Love the colors.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Wowza Jill!! Love the card with the bird and the flower card is GORGEOUS.

CanadianScraps43 said...

Wowsers Jill! These are amazing both her card and your take is just gorgeous. I really want those Crafts Meow stamps. They are so stunning even when not inked. Thanks for the inspiratin sweetie.

Sue Kohler said...

Absolutely brilliant Jill, the background is stunning, the flowers are beautifully coloured! TFS with us at CASE study! :)