June 29, 2011

CASE Study Challenge

It's Thursday so that means it is time for another CASE Study Challenge blog card. This is my last week as the MUSE on the CASE Study blog and I just want to say that the whole experience has been so awesome! Thanks to Chupa and the entire CASE Study team for your kind words, fun inspiration, and for this awesome opportunity. If you want to play along with this week's challenge here is the newest inspiration card of mine: Details on the challenge are available HERE. I hope you can play along- I have loved checking out all of the entries so far! And here is my "CASE" of my own card. I decided to keep a bright bouquet of flowers on a center panel surrounded by an embossed background layered on a black notecard:Please note- items used in creating this card that are available for purchase from www.ilovemementos.com will be linked below.
I began by stamping Penny Black 4181K Words Like Flowers with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto Neenah Tiara White Cardstock. Next I colored the flowers with Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Stamper's Big Brush Markers and added a few highlights to the petals with a Prismacolor white colored pencil. To add the background to this piece I inked the outer edges of my acrylic block with Pumice Stone and Black Soot Distress Ink, spritzed the acrylic block with a Mini Mister filled with water, and then pressed the acrylic block over my stamped image. Sentiment from Penny Black, 30-032 Enjoy Life.





Now let's take a peek at the newest card over on the Mementos Tutorial blog. Today (available Thursday, June 29th), I have a step-by-step photo tutorial for you, demonstrating Stamper's Big Brush Markers used directly on one of my favorite Penny Black brushstroke stamps. Stop by and check it out HERE.




See you tomorrow with our next GORGEOUS inspiration card from Marion!

15 comments :

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

It's been such a pleasure to have you with us for the month, Jill! I loved witnessing all the changes in your life, before an during July too - I'm very excited for you, and wish you all the best in all you do.
You've got amazing talent and MAD skills, and it's wonderful that you want to share them with us all :)
Hugs!!!

shirley said...

You have amazing talent Jill!
Love the vibrant colours of the first card and the 'vintage' feel to the second.
Off to check the tutorial!

redscrap said...

wat a nice collors, very nice card
greetinge mina

Elizabeth Allan said...

Jill your talent is endless. Your beautiful work is an inspiration and fills our days with color.

Anonymous said...

What wonderful cards! MOM

artistamyjo said...

You are blessed with talent. love the colors.

sheila said...

wow-both cards are truly incredible bursts of color! love them both!

Evelyn S. said...

How fun this blog is!!! (BTW...where is that tulip Penny Black stamp available? It's not on PB's website nor on Two Peas.) You just continue to inspire me!

Kimberli Sarsfield said...

Oh My Wow! This may just be my favorite card of yours to date! I love the white with the pop of colors! You always make it so realistic:)

Cathy A said...

Great detail int he backgrounds Jill, just love your attention to detail

Simone said...

Such beautiful cards Jill! Love all the detail on both of them!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Simply stunning!!!!

lostinpaper said...

Both your cards are amazing!!
You are definitely one talented artist!

Sue Kohler said...

Your cards are AMAZING Jill!! thank you so much for inspiring and stretching us this month at CASE study- your talent is infinate! :)

Julie said...

Just gorgeous Jill! Just as lovely as the inspiration. I've soooo enjoyed casing you this month!