June 11, 2011

Inspired by...Amy *Day 4*

Wow! I have to begin by saying thanks to all of you for your touching comments and well wishes on my post yesterday. You really touched our hearts. And when I say "our hearts" I mean not only myself, but also my husband and my family. Your kindness is absolutely overwhelming and heart warming. Thanks does not seem adequate in expressing my gratitude.

Okay, now onto the regular routine around here! LOL (and I had a couple of questions yesterday if I would still be blogging here on Inspired by... The answer is OF COURSE! I'm not going anywhere. Sorry, you're stuck with me for good.) Here is our last inspiration card by the SUPER talented Amy: Clean and simple cards like this one by Amy are SOOOOO hard to create. They may look simple but they really aren't when it comes to designing them. I love, love, love Amy's black and white color scheme with the POP of pink in the gemstone. I decided to stick with this color scheme on my card:


The rose, Penny Black Rosa, was stamped and colored with Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Stamper's Big Brush Markers and the highlights were colored with the Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Pastel Pencil in white. After coloring, I cut the rose out and mounted to Spellbinders Nestability Labels14 using dimensional adhesive. To create the background I added Black Soot Distress Ink to white cardstock and then stamped Penny Black Lace-Edged with Black Soot Distress Ink as well. Sentiment by Penny Black Flower Gallery.

BIG thanks to Amy for her awesome inspiration this week! I know you'll want to add HER BLOG to your favs if you haven't already. See you on Monday with a new PB&J Video Tutorial and a new featured artist on Tuesday. Oh, and I'd love to see what you come up with for the CASE Study Challenge Blog this week (it's inspired by me!!). I'm LOVING seeing and commenting on all the cards entered. You still have lots of time to play along- details HERE. Thanks again for popping by!! HUGS!

20 comments :

Kathy said...

Beautiful card, Jill. I love the damask design and pink, black and white are always a winning combination! So glad to know you will still be blogging. You're one of the very first of several blogs I read every morning!
blessings,
Kathy

justsomestuffimade said...

Another adorable card Jill - great inspiration from Amy too. That splash of pink is perfection, from both of you!
Thinking of you, hugs, Ruth S

Aimes said...

Awwww it's over already?! Wow how quickly a week can fly by when you're having fun!
Thank you SO MUCH for having me as your featured artist - I'm totally honoured! I've loved seeing what cards you've picked (we have great taste - you've picked some of my faves :D) and seeing your fabulous takes on them. This card today has my jaw hitting the keyboard: your colouring is awesome - it's like I could reach in and pick that rose!
HUGS!
Aimes
x

Anonymous said...

Wonderful cards! Thanks for sharing them. MOM

Sarpreet said...

wow! Such a stunning card, and i love the colour combination of black and pink. I really do love the stamp you have used in the background. Please do not tempt me in more distress inks!!!!

Thank you for inspiring us.

Barb said...

Holy, moly! Look at the coloring on that flower! GORGEOUS, Jill!

Terri (blindstamper) said...

Your card is gorgeous! You have such a wonderful talent for coloring. Congrats on your new gig too! :)

Sarah said...

Absolutely STUNNING!

Elizabeth Allan said...

That rose looks like it was just cut from your flower garden. So stunning!!

Isha said...

This card looks STUNNING Jill. Love the colors and the background. Can I CASE it??

donna mikasa said...

Gorgeousness! The rose is colored so beautifully, so perfectly! What a fun week, Jill! So much inspiration from Amy's wonderful work!

Dawn said...

Lovely card Jill... Amy does have a real knack for doing CAS... I like your take on her colours.

Kathy said...

Stunning card my friend.I really don't know how you keep up with everything but, darn glad you are. Hugs, Kathy

Lin said...

I'm late to the party, but wanted to say how glad I was to read your last post - congratulations! We'll get to see even more of your wonderful ideas and creations! Best wishes to you as you start this new period in your life!

mary said...

Love, love, love your work. I just returned from a week of vacation (no computer) so I am catching up on all my "favorite" sites. Congrats on your new career. As for your health issues, just a suggestion - my daughter had similar problems and after many tests was diagnosed with celiac disease (wheat gluten intolerance). Please rule that out if you haven't already done so.
Best wishes. Mary

Cathy A said...

The background on this looks so rich & sumptuous, love it Jill

Simone said...

I absolutely love this card Jill! Your backround is so beautiful! Such a stunning card :)

Tiffany said...

This is so beautiful, I love the charcoal and pink together, such a great fusion of colors!

Aunt Donna said...

So different with the black background, very pretty!

CanadianScraps43 said...

Love the CAS style of Amy's card but your take on it, is totally out of this world. I so love and want that rose stamp. The way that you did your background is just astounding. It is like the background as paved the way for the Rose to be the star of the show and rightly so! Wow!