June 22, 2011

Joanne Sharpe *Day 2*

Just wait 'til you see this beautiful painting by Joanne: art © joanne sharpe 2011
And here's my take: I just love this skyline stamp by Penny Black, 3883K Cityscape! I stamped it twice and colored with Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Stamper's Big Brush Markers. These markers really give a fun painted look to regular marker coloring-easy and quick. :) I cut out 3 of the buildings and mounted them onto the original image using dimensional adhesive. The blue background (sky) began as white cardstock which was distressed with Broken China, Faded Jeans, and Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink and then flicked with water. The tan background was distressed with Antique Linen and Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink. Finally, the entire card was layered on a blue note card cut from Penny Black Mix and Match Cardstock. Sentiment by Penny Black, 30-014 Salutations. See you tomorrow with my next card as the MUSE over at the CASE Study Challenge Blog.
And if you are looking to enter my giveaway, there is still time. Details available HERE.
Before I go let's recap the hints I have given so far this week about my big upcoming announcement: And how 'bout one more?

23 comments :

evoli said...

wow! that is so amazing! I love all that bright houses!

Elizabeth Allan said...

This is a WOW Wednesday Jill!! Love the colorful cityscape.

Kathy said...

What an awesome card! Your creativity knows no bounds, Girl!! As for all the hints...maybe a kit club? Or lessons in a box?

Cathy A said...

Wow such vibrant colours, love both designs......are you going to live in a box? only joking can't wait to hear your news.

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous card Jill! Still not worked out your news, but I'm sure it's gonna be brilliant! Jo x

Chelsea said...

Love the popped buildings!!!

Chelsea said...

Love the popped buildings!!!

Barb said...

You are driving me crazy with all these hints! :) Gorgeous card today, Jill!

Anonymous said...

Fun cards! MOM

elly rainbow said...

crazy talk - i just pinned this on pinterest:

http://www.ohdeedoh.com/ohdeedoh/nursery-tours/ellas-bright-bold-bedroom-room-tour-149531

it looks just like your card!

sheila said...

love the dimension with the three pop outs....and the colors are spectac as usual! and your hints.....? hmmmm....gonna wait for yet another hint...

judy said...

Love the vibrant colors and dimension
of your Miss You card--just beautiful, Jill!!

Cindy said...

Love your card! And the painting is wonderful! You are just killing me with these teasers!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Gorgeous cards! Love the hints too! :)

Mendi said...

Wow! Wow! WOW! I am so completely in love with this card of yours! Love the colors, the dreamy city scape, everything! I have some nyc photos that I think I might have to pull out and try to scraplift this card and turn it into a scrapbook layout. :)

Evelyn S. said...

YOU are the inspiration, Jill! I love how you work from others' creations to make beautiful ones of your own.

Kelley said...

Love the bright city!

Let's see, a dvd with lessons that you love to teach that we can get in the mail.

Kimberli Sarsfield said...

What a beautiful card! You are so the queen of coloring!

Aimes said...

A gorgeous inspiration piece and a FABULOUS take on it with your card! I adore that background and the bright colours!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Kathy Camasso said...

Oh my goodness, I ADORE this card!!!! Super take on that amazing painting!

Kathy Camasso said...

Ps, I just noticed your e-mail address; today is my daughter Jillian's 29th b-day; she was born in 1982!

v said...

I love the colors and layering! That's what caught my attention! Even kinda took my breath away! These are beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing them:) Wow!

~Vanessa W

Brenda said...

I have never seen this stamp! I love it and I love what you did! Just awesome!