June 3, 2011

Kristina Werner *Day 4*

Before we take a look at our last inspiration card by Kristina, I just wanted to take a moment to thank her for allowing me to share her work in my neck of the woods/blogland. She is truly one inspiring stamper and I know we all appreciate the time and talent she shares with us.

Now onto the cards! :) Here's our inspiration card by Kristina. I love how she has stamped the thanks sentiment multiple times to create a background. And of course her bright color choices for the butterflies make me smile! Here's my take:


I began by stamping the butterflies, Penny Black 30-032 Enjoy Life, with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto white cardstock. They were colored using Fired Brick, Spiced Marmalade, and Walnut Stain Distress Ink. The card base background was created by distressing white cardstock with Spiced Marmalade and Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink and then stamping with Penny Black 40-049 Majestic Composition using Frayed Burlap Distress Ink. The bottom strip of cardstock was inked with Spiced Marmalade and Walnut Stain Distress Ink and then flicked with water to create water spots. Sentiment by Penny Black, 30-009 Clearly in Love, was stamped onto Penny Black Mix and Match Cardstock.

And I know I say this a lot, but thanks so, so, so, soooo much for your visits and comments. I REALLY appreciate your support and encouragement here, on the PB blog, AND the Faber-Castell blog! {GROUP hug} :)

Oh, and if you are going to be stamping this weekend, maybe you'd like to enter the CASE study challenge blog (inspired by moi!).... More info HERE.

23 comments :

Kathy said...

Wow!!! How absolutely beautiful your card is, Jill. Gorgeous! I love your take on Kristina's card (love her card too!) Love, love distress inks-they are just so versatile:)

Elizabeth Allan said...

Jill you have given us another week of beautiful work. I enjoyed all of your and Kristina's art this week. Happy weekend!

Lin said...

Beautiful cards today, Jill - great week of inspiration from Kristina!

Barb said...

Love, love, love these! Thanks for an inspiring week, Jill!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

These are both so gorgeous! Really love the color palette and the simple and classy design. Awesome post Jill! Have a great weekend.

Rupa said...

I just LOVE this card!!! I love any design that is intricate or paisley related :) You truly are the queen of distress inks! We should be the one to thank you profusely for sharing your talent so generously and inspiring all of us every day!!!!

Dotty Jo said...

Great work with those distress inks! Love your takes on Kristina's gorgeous cards, Jo x

the reed family said...

Today's cards are beautiful. Yours, especially, Jill. I so like that background stamp. Thanks for the daily inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous work Jill - just love your take on Kristina's lovely card.

Mary Mac

Peet said...

Love your gorgeous cards this week, Jill! great work!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Sooo pretty Jill. You alway put things together just right. Love the lovely butterflies. :o)

Tiffany said...

So lovely! I will have to try stamping sentiments as background more often, really do love how it looks!

lostinpaper said...

I just LOVE your take on Kristina's card, those butterflies are stunning!!

Jude said...

Both are gorgeous cards. They appear simple yet very elegant! TFS

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Wow, love the vintage take on this one...

donna mikasa said...

Your takes on Kristina's cards are amazing, Jill! Such an inspiring week!

Cathy A said...

Jill such a stunning card, I am in love with that background.

Tracey said...

WOZERS!!! What an AMAZING week Jill!! I have LOVED everything...well as per ususal LOL!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

WOWZER!!!!

Brenda said...

Beautiful work Jill! I love the PB background stamp you used on the upper part of the card! Stunning!

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Jill! What a STUNNING card you've created! I love Kristen's original and I adore the card you created with the inspiration! Amazing! ♥

Karen said...

This is so beautiful! I love everything about it, and want each and every one of those stamps! :-)

Alice Wertz said...

fabulous take on Kristina's cards, Jill! wow! you are a master with colors and an amazing artist! just adore your work!