July 26, 2011

Inspired by...Teneale

I am soooo thrilled to announce that this week's featured artist is Teneale Williams! (EDITED TO ADD- TENEALE IS HAVING SOME TROUBLE WITH HER BLOG- HOPEFULLY IT WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON. I ASSURE YOU, IT'S WORTH THE WAIT!) I was first introduced to Teneale's work on the CASE Study Challenge blog, and once I found her blog I was in LOVE with her style. All of her cards just make me SWOON! Just look at her inspiration card for today: The colors, the layers of stamping, the distressing.... Seriously, cardmaking doesn't get any more beautiful than this!!
Here is my oh-so-humble take:


The card background is actually patterned paper which I distressed with Walnut Stain and Black Soot Distress Ink. (Can you believe it? I hardly ever get out my patterned papers!) The papers behind the flower also began as patterned paper which were inked with Brushed Corduroy and Walnut Stain Distress Ink. Oh, and do you see the pierced holes on the left hand side of the background? Those were done using my new favorite tool, Sew Easy, piercing from the back and then inking with Distress Ink. The script, Penny Black 1999L Letter background, was stamped with Walnut Stain Distress Ink, removing some ink with a baby wipe before stamping. The flower, Penny Black 4160K Cheerful, was colored with Stamper's Big Brush Markers and then Distressed with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink. Finally, the brown panel was inked with Walnut Stain Distress Ink. Sentiment by Penny Black, 30-014 Salutations.

Now for a peek at what is happening on the Mementos BLOG today....

http://www.ilovemementos.blogspot.com/ See you tomorrow with another stunner from Teneale. Thanks for popping by!

23 comments :

Ellie said...

Both cards are gorgeous!!!!

Ellie said...

There is something wrong with your link to Teneale I think, I get an error message....

Elizabeth Allan said...

Wonderful background ideas by both you and Teneale!

Chelsea said...

Gorgeous!! Great flowers!

Kathy said...

Wow! That is a stunning card by Teneale. Your inspired card is AMAZING, Jill. I love that you altered patterned paper...I never think to do that! Love the flower's color and I've been wanting to try that sew easy tool myself:)

Anonymous said...

These are just breath taking! Seriously!! Such inspiration! Thanks for sharing them and oh the new Fabel Castell color pencils look great also. Loved the cards you did for the show with them... Thanks again... Marita The Paint Pit Studio maritasummers.com

Brenda said...

Your interpretation of Teneale's card is simply stunning Jill! Love the colours! I have to get that flower stamp! Off to check out Teneale's blog.

Barb said...

Both cards are so beautiful! I've never seen Teneale's work. Thanks for sharing it this week, Jill! Gorgeous!

I'm not able to get to her blog from your link though. I'll check back later.

Anonymous said...

Great cards again. MOM

Ida said...

Wow these cards are both just amazing! So rich and vibrant. I love them both.

Carmen said...

Really beautiful cards. I love the reverse piercing technique, definitely going to use that sometime. TFS all these beautiful creations. Such fun to come and look!

Dana said...

I'm the same way with Teneale's cards!! Swoon!! So excited to see this week's projects! ;)

Dana said...

One more comment... Sorry!
How did you and Teneale ink the edges of the paper while leaving a tiny border? Spellbinders leave a much wider border!

Pat said...

Both of these cards are stunning!

Kimberli Sarsfield said...

Both of these cards are amazing in their own way! I love this Cheerful stamp and how you colored it!

Conniecrafter said...

Both are just Gorgeous, love the depth you have achieved in your coloring. , neat idea to use the piercing and not stitching it

Anne said...

Both card are absolutely stunning today Jill! I was wondering if you are going to be at Scrapfest this year? Would love to meet you some day or take a class from you....something to think about!

Regina aka Mrs. Ham said...

both of these cards are just stunning.

Teneale Williams said...

OMG That's ME! I love your card and just so honored that you are doing this! THANK YOU and yes I am having major blog issue, it is down while I move hosting companies. It should be back up today.

Teneale

Mendi said...

Wow! So stunning! Love the contrasting colors! :)

Dawn said...

stunning Jill. Tenale's card is lovely. And your card is wonderful.

sheila said...

Thanks for introducing us to Teneale....wow her cards are amazing and your interpretation is beautiful....great post

Julie said...

Beautiful cards!