January 7, 2010

Kathy *Day 6*

Our last card by Kathy is so unique:

I love the way she added the swirls of smoke from the chimney! Her cute house looks so warm and cozy against the dark blue paper! The embossed background is the perfect touch of texture. Finally, the polka dot ribbon ties in all of the colors. This would make such a perfect card to send someone after visiting their home for the holidays!


Here is my take on Kathy's awesome card. I was really inspired by her dark, rich colors.

A special thanks to Kathy for letting me share her amazing cards this week! If you are in need of more inspiration, be sure to check out her blog, The Daily Marker. See you tomorrow, my friends, with a special "Inspired by..." post. ;)

EDITED TO ADD-- KATHY IS HAVING AN AMAZING BLOG CANDY GIVE AWAY ON HER BLOG. CHECK IT OUT HERE! LOOK AT ALL OF THESE GOODIES:
Supplies---Stamps: Antique Brocade (Hero Arts CG102), Sentiment (Hero Arts CL342); Ink: Distress Ink (Tim Holtz),VersaMagic Chalk Ink; Other: Misc. Cardstock and Thread, Embossing Folder (ProvoCraft for Cuttlebug), Leaf DieCut (Sizzix), Small Flower Punch (Punch Bunch), Scallop Punch (Martha Stewart), Pearls (Recollections), Sentiment Die Cut (ProvoCraft), Dimensional Adhesive (All Night Media)

12 comments :

Lin said...

Love your card, Jill - the embossed dots are looking twinkly, like stars in a dark sky, in your picture!! Beautiful colors and design!

Agata said...

Your colors are as rich and as beautiful as on Kathy's card! I love the embossed dots and and scalloped edge and well, everything about it!

Dotty Jo said...

Yummy colours Jill, great use of that gorgeous scallop punch too! Jo x

Diana said...

FABULOUS! Love the textured background on both of your cards!

Anonymous said...

I love this card of Kathy'! Your's is beautiful as well! Lovely color combination, Jill!
marilynv19

Kathy said...

Oh my gosh Jill you are kidding me..this is so beautiful it make me want to rip up my house!!! You card is so rich and vibrant and love you!!!!!!!

Virginia L. said...

Indeed, I love the rich and deep colors that you are inspired from Kathy's card. Beautiful in every way!

Alice said...

another amazing rich color scheme!! wow! Love both cards!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Wahooo....this is really some amazing color...I'm going to have to learn from you my friend, beautiful card!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Another fantastic card Jill!! Beautiful!

Linda aka Oz said...

Oh Jill, I love the way your card looks like leather. Warm and soft to the touch. Rich, worn colors. Just uber-yummy. Thank you so very much for the lovely card I received in the mail too! I twice as nice IRL! Hugs, the Oz

Nancy said...

That is an amazing background you created with the Antique Brocade, looks like a fresco in an old villa. The scalloped border and stitching add the perfect amount of interest.
Thanks so much for the Kathy and Jill inspiration this week!