February 17, 2012

New Stamps *Day 2*

Today's card features this new Penny Black stamp illustrated by Mo Manning.  I have to admit, she is soooooo fun to color!
Penny Black 40-124, You Are a Peach

I began by stamping the image in VersaFine Ink and embossing with clear embossing powder. I then colored in the image using Copics.  The background circles were cut from Penny Black Mix and Match cardstock and were lightly distressed (Faded Jeans, Walnut Stain, Fired Brick).  The large banner was inked with Wild Honey and Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink.  Sentiment by Penny Black.

Wishing you a wonderful and creative weekend!

13 comments :

Unknown said...

She's a cutie! Love the coloring, Jill!

Debbie said...

adorable! It's on my wish list!

Chelsea said...

She's sooo cute!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Fabulous colors and coloring Jill. You always put so much "happy" into your cards. Have a great weekend!

donna mikasa said...

I love Mo's "fruit" series! This one is one of my faves! Such a cheery circle card!

Paula (PEP) said...

Goodness - the shading on that pinafore & I love the way your card shape echoes the peach. There's a lot of lovely movement in this & I love how you allow her to extend beyond the card & the way that banner echoes the pleats of the pinafore edging.
Have a lovely weekend too.
Paula (PEP)

Dawn T said...

What amazing colouring Jill. I adore Mo's designs and have quite a few digi ones... so nice to see this in rubber.

Cathy Fongjoyo said...

wow!! she's so so adorable! i love this image, and ur coloring is superb! thanks for sharing this cute card

Anonymous said...

So adorable! Love the shape of the card and the cute image. So gorgeous :)

Conniecrafter said...

very sweet!

Karlee Nicole said...

What a sweet little stamp, and I love the way you coloured her in - really great shading!

Tiffany Ervin said...

WoW! Fabulous coloring on this sweet girl! I love it!

Evelyn S. said...

Jill....I just read that Mementos is closing! I seem to remember that you left teaching to work there...so I'm concerned about what's going to happen to you!