May 21, 2013

You've Been Spotted...Kailash

This week Penny Black is featuring stampers that they have "spotted" making Penny Black stamps shine.  AND lucky me, because the designers are also playing along!!
spotted blog graphic
I've been seeing lots of fabulous Penny Black creations out in blogland, so it was sooo hard for me to choose just one person...but today I'm honored to have "spotted" Kailash!  For extra fun, I made some cards of my own Inspired By Kailash's gorgeous designs.  Let's get started!

This first card by Kailash uses one of my favorite Penny Black poppy stamps...
Sweet wishes
And here's my take:
IMG_0614
The background was created with Distress Paints (Mustard Seed, Wild Honey, Fired Brick) which was then stamped repeatedly with Penny Black 40-237 Life's Messages using Cognac Palette Ink.  The flower, Penny Black 30-196 Flowers Sweet, was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored with Copic Markers.

Here's the next GORGEOUS card by Kailash.  I LOVE her watercolor background!
Life is beautiful
Here's my take:
IMG_0609
Kailash inspired me to get out my watercolors and I used the same general colors as her...green, purple, and blue.  To create my watercolor background I applied Dr. Ph Martin's Hydrus watercolor paints onto my acrylic block, lightly spritzed with water, and then pressed the acrylic block onto white cardstock.  Once dry, I embossed the flowers from Penny Black, 30-156 Tweet Tweet.

Finally, here's one more AMAZING card by Kailash.  I just love how she repeatedly stamped the poppies with a watercolor look.
Life is beautiful
Here's my take:
IMG_0613
Inspired by Kailash's watercolor look and rich colors, I inked Penny Black 40-193 Wistful with Distress Paints, lightly misted with water, and then stamped onto white cardstock.  So simple!

BIG thanks to you, Kailash, for making Penny Black stamps shine and providing all of us with incredible inspiration!  As part of Penny Black's "You've Been Spotted" week-long event, I have a special blinkie for you.  

Thanks for popping by, my friends! Be sure to tune into the Penny Black blog all this week as they are spotting lots of talented stampers. :)