July 16, 2010

Els *Day 5*

Here is our last beautiful and inspiring card by Els: I just can't get enough of this card! I love the deep rich color of the flowers against the lightly distressed and stamped background. The stitching provides awesome texture and the perfect border. Finally, one of my favorite things about this card is how Els has attached the sentiment and the touch of ribbon in the top right corner.
Here is my take:
Thanks so much for visitng this week. All of your comments mean the world to me! And extra thanks to Els (aka Be(e)) for allowing me to share your work! Here's one more link to Els' BLOG and PHOTOSTREAM as I'm sure you'll all be stopping by often for more inspiration!
See you tomorrow for "Inspired by...Purple Onion Designers!" Who could it be? :)
Stamps: Postgram and Ticket (Purple Onion Designs), Flower (Penny Black), Hero Arts (CL320, K5344)

19 comments :

Libby Hickson said...

I love the inspiration card, and I love how very different your card is (and so beautiful too!!). It's interesting how the inspiration happens. :-)

debbie said...

Love the beautiful rich colors on both cards. The sentiment, ribbon and button design elements are great!
Great week!

Barbara said...

Both are such beautiful cards! I absolutely love seeing your inspiration and your interpretations of different cards! Your blog makes me smile!

Els said...

Love it, Jill! What a fabulous 'hello' ticket! And your flowers have the most stunning red color!!
Thank you very much for having me here this week!! It has been such an honor!!!
:)
Els.

Sarah J Moerman said...

Another stunner, Jill!

Barb said...

Gorgeous distressing, Jill! Love the way you stamped the flowers!

Rosemary said...

another gorgeous card that got it's inspiration from a gorgeous card!

Agata said...

Fabulous cards!!! Love the ink layering and your ticket sentiment! Beautiful!

Tiffany Ervin said...

I love that 'postcard' type of card that you often make, it's very unique and you always have the little touches at the corners with your stamps and distressing! Beautiful!

Kathy (krolski) said...

I really like the ribbon and button! Both cards are beautiful. I like the postcard-look!

Nancy said...

Oh wow, I just love the rich color of the flowers stamped on the vintage style background.... both cards are so gorgeous!
bless you,
nancy

Ayana Posadas said...

Another fabulous card! So pretty!
Hope you have a great weekend, Jill!

Clare said...

Absolutely stunning! I love the subtle colors to El's card, and than your bright, fun colors! Sweet design!

Melissa said...

Love it! Your colors are so beautiful and the button pops!

Dawn T said...

Love your postgram... what a cool stamp and love the burst of colour from the flowers... awesome Jill

shirley henry said...

I also love the rich color against the light distressed background on Els card. Your card is stunning Jill!

Suzanne C said...

LOVE both cards. GOrgeous! The layers of the colors and the red is awesome against the neutrals.

Cindy Lee said...

The colors are so rich and the design.......beyond words!!

Alice said...

great take on Els' card! so pretty!