July 31, 2010

Inspired by...Purple Onion Designers

Today's inspiring Purple Onion Designer is Julie Dudley! I just love this scrapbook page of hers:Talk about gorgeous, rich color!! I think this teal blue may very well be my favorite color! Julie's embellishments bring this page to life. I love her vertical collection of flowers and little butterflies. The yellow flower centers are a wonderful "pop" of color. Finally, it is so refreshing how Julie's page is gorgeously crafted yet the cute photos remain the center of attention.
Here is my take. I was especially inspired by the collection of flowers with bright centers and the butterfly embellishements.
I used the following POD stamps on my tag:
Vintage Butterfly Set
Doodle Flower Sentiment Set
Thanks for looking! See you on Monday with our newest "Inspired by..." featured artist!

17 comments :

Alice said...

this is so pretty! love your take on the layout!!

Darien said...

What a Gorgeous lo!!! And your card is Fantastic!!! I love teal!!!!

Lin said...

Julie is an old favorite of mine from when she used to play on Flickr! LOVE her style, and this page is no exception! And of course, your card is as wonderful as always, showing off your unique style, too!

Rosemary said...

what a lovely layout! your tag inspired by the layout is just lovely, too!

Nancy said...

Truly wonderful tag, those flowers just spring off the lovely background, I love your coloring,too! I hate to admit I don't pay too much attention to scrapbook pages, but I did really look at this one, thanks to the artistic tour you provided. There are amazing details and the colors really enhance the photos. Thanks for helping me step outside my box a bit!
bless you!

Barb said...

Gorgeous tag, Jill! What a beautiful take on the layout! Love it!

Agata said...

You've chosen a beautiful layout for your inspiration! And it gave such a sweet tag! Love those blue flowers!

Elmira said...

Beautiful layout! Love it!

Dawn T said...

Just the cutest tag Jill. Great inspiration in the LO of Julie's.

Kelly Booth said...

OH!!! LOVE your tag Jill...the Flowers just Pop on the text!!

donna mikasa said...

Love your tag, Jill! Great take on Julie's layout and I love the touch of lace!

Sasya said...

so cute tag!! ♥

Julie said...

Just love your tag Jill and my friend will be so pleased to see her little kiddies up there too.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Well, isn't this a perfect match! Distressing queens! I love Julie's layout, very pretty and your take on her with the flowers is super adorable!

Anonymous said...

This is such a gorgeous tag! Love the antique look - your distressing is always amazing :)

Michelle said...

Julie's page is so pretty, very clean and simple.. the flowers are really a great touch, love how it inspired you to create a card with the flowers and thier bright centers:-) great tag!

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Jill! Terrific tag! I absolutely LOVE the centers of those flowers. In fact, the way you've colored the flowers in general gives them such dimension! Gorgeous! :-)