February 22, 2011

Godelieve *Day 2*

Check out this beauty by Godelieve: I love the layered stamping on this! WOW! Such beautiful colors, too. The orange and yellow is especially striking to me. And the script stamped on the background of Godelieve's card finishes it off perfectly!
Here is my take. I just had to create an orange and yellow stamped image with text in the background:
I began by stamping the foliage stamp using a Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Stampers Big Brush marker in yellow. After stamping I added shading using Faber- Castell Design Memory Craft PITT Artist pens in red and yellow. The Earth Flowers stamp was stamped using Walnut Stain Distress Ink. Finally, I distressed the entire background using Brushed Corduroy and stamped Friends Definition using Brushed Corduroy as well, removing some ink using a baby wipe before stamping. The die cut shape is the Top Note die by Stampin' Up. All stamps Hero Arts: CG125 Friends Definition, CL428 Earth Flowers, CL477 Delicate Leaf Clusters.

Thanks for looking and thanks especially for all of your sweet comments yesterday. HUGS!

26 comments :

Ruth S said...

Love your cards ladies! Such amazing depth with the layering ;)
The neutral colours have a wonderful relazed feel. And I must remember to try more die-cut shaped cards. It's a stylish look!

Karen Dunbrook said...

Wonderful cards ladies...so inspiring...

Brenda said...

Those colours are so beautiful Jill! I love the clean white butterfly you added to your card!

Unknown said...

Both cards are stunning! I love how you removed some of the ink from the text stamp. That die is a great shape, I'm going to see if I can approximate it with my Silhouette.

joy said...

Such pretty cards - I like the colors so much!

Barb said...

Love that card by Godelieve and your take is so beautiful, Jill! Gorgeous work today!

Kelly Latevola said...

Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous!!! Great job ladies!

Ayana Posadas said...

Beautiful work! Just so beautiful!

Karina Beck said...

Wow! I love both of your cards!
I im a big fan of Hero arts nature stamps ; )

Anonymous said...

Jill--NICE CARDS! Mom

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful card Jill - very inspirational - both of them!

Michelle said...

This is so pretty! I love how the text is somewhat erased in certain areas.. gives a lovely effect! And the gorgeous flaming leaves, my word! amazing work Jill:-)

Godelieve said...

Ah, another beauty! Love how the definition stamp came out, a wonderful background for the vibrant flowers. Gorgeous card again!
The Faber-Castell stuff looks fantastic to work with!

CinnamonSally said...

Both cards are stunning, I love the layered look you have achieved!!

Lauren said...

Your card is beautiful! I love the shape of it, the colors, and the 3D butterflies.

Nancy said...

Impossible not to be inspired by these 2 incredibly gorgeous cards...excellent!
blessings~

slbt17 said...

LOVE THEM BOTH!
Thanks for the inspiration!

Sandra ltb

Anonymous said...

Sooo gorgeous Jill! Love those beautiful rustic colours.

Nichol Magouirk said...

in awe, jill. absolutely AMAZING!

Dawn T said...

Wonderful Jill... love your interpretation of Godelieve's card today.

Chelsea said...

Gorgeous .. Love the colors and the shape of the card!

stamping sue said...

The same idea on both cards but they are different. I really like when two people use the same idea/technique but make it their own.
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

Conniecrafter said...

So pretty, I too like the text background, so lovely!

Joy said...

The muted tones on this card with the splash of orange is divine, love it!

Barbara said...

another wow Card. And thanks again for the details.

Christine said...

Wow, loving the background technique!! Your whole card is amazing! Love it!
xoxo, Christine