February 20, 2011

Sketchbook Sunday

Hi everyone! I've decided to add a new feature here on the blog-o. I've been very inspired by the concept of keeping an inspiration journal or sketchpad. Basically, a place to play and try new techniques. SOOO...my plan is to share a page from my sketchbook on Sundays. I hope you enjoy taking a peek at my "doodles" and maybe you will be inspired to try it out too!
This week I got out all of my Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft products to create this page. I can tell you, the more I play with these inks, markers, and pencils, the more I L-O-V-E them! One major advantage I love about the markers is that they are india ink and they are permanent, rich, bold color. You can color your image and blend with the markers and then add watercolor right over the top or for a background and your coloring doesn't bleed or fade. I began by stamping the flowers and leaves with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Next I colored them with the Stampers Big Brush Markers. I added some shading using the PITT Artist Pens and I also used the black PITT Artist Pens to add sketch marks to the flowers, leaves, and the border. I used the Art Grip Aquarelle Watercolor Pencils to color the blue background and the red around the outside of the page. Finally I used a white gel pen to add highlights to the images.
I've had a few folks ask me where they can purchase the Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft line and it is now available online HERE.
Thanks so much for popping by--I hope you enjoyed a peek in my sketchbook!

10 comments :

Tiff said...

AGREED!!!

I have a Faber-Castell sketchbook similar to yours where I jot down and work out all my ideas! Yours is gorgeous :)

Jana said...

Holy cow, Jill. This is a sketchbook? Wow! I am going to LOVE Sundays.

Ruth S said...

Great idea - thanks for letting us take a peek into your inspiration area!! I have a notebook for joting down sketches that I fancy, cool colour combos etc but it's never anything as stunning or detailed as this! ;)

Anonymous said...

Gasp! Jill! This is stunning! I love it, love it! You must post this --- or something like -- for us over at the Design Memory Craft blog too!

Dawn T said...

stunning idea Jill.... thanks for sharing.

joy said...

What a wonderful sketchbook! I have notes and sketches (very loose ones, mind you) on scraps of paper here and there and everywhere. This would be a much better solution!

Barb said...

Love this idea, Jill! Can't wait to see more each Sunday! How fun!

Sharon D from Canada said...

Absolutely gorgeous work, Jill - even at the sketch stage! So fun to have peeks into your amazing creative process!

Godelieve said...

Wow, how gorgeous is this!! Such vibrant colors. Love the sketchbook!

Carole M. said...

I really enjoy seeing your posts and especially your wonderful use of colour; always such lovely works of art...