February 8, 2011

Lani *Day 2*

Here is our next card by the talented Lani: Don't you just love the dark black sillouette image with the beautiful colors of the background? I sure do! The blueish purple, aqua, and yellow are so charming and really pop against the dark black stamping.
Here is my take. I just had to do some dark black stamping, too! And I used Lani's background color choices as the inspiration for my flower colors.This image, Large Blossom CG271 by Hero Arts, was first stamped in black ink on white cardstock. The flowers were colored in with Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft PITT Artist Pens. I also used the Faber-Castell DMC Stampers Big Brush Marker in black to go over the black stamped image to darken it and fill in any parts that did not stamp completely. The sentiment is from the Hero Arts clear set, CL487 Thank You For Being My Friend.
Thanks for visiting! See you tomorrow! :)

11 comments :

Anonymous said...

Jill all your cards are so jaw droppingly gorgeous this week! Can't wait to see more :)

Anonymous said...

What beautiful cards--MOM

Barb said...

So beautiful, Jill!

Lin said...

YES! I love the beautiful colors against the black - they really pop! Beautiful cards!

Ayana Posadas said...

Those colors are SO striking!
Love this card!

Unknown said...

Wow, really pretty! I'm seeing that these PITT artist pens tend to give things a more hand painted look. Very pretty!

Nancy said...

Your card is an absolute stunner, Jill! I love how stamping with black brings such elegance and drama to the floral stamp. Gorgeous-ness!
bless you~

Dawn T said...

Stunning Jill... love the bright colours against the dark background. Quite dramatic

Clare said...

Oh, these are SO Pretty! The colors are so bold and dramatic! Love both the cards!

donna mikasa said...

such a stunning take on Lani's card! The black background is so dramatic! Gorgeous!!!

Sharon D from Canada said...

Stunning card, Jill!!! Beautiful and vibrant take on Lani's pretty card!