February 27, 2011

Sketchbook Sunday

It's time for another sketchbook Sunday. For more details on this idea, see my first sketchbook post HERE. I am really loving this idea- it is fun to just get out lots of stamps and colors and just play! :)
Here's the entire page:
I started by stamping the flowers (Hero Arts CG194 Stencil Flower) using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I colored the flowers using Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft (DMC) Stampers Big Brush Markers. Next, I drew the "frame" using different-sized points of Faber-Castell DMC black PITT Artist Pens. The outer border was colored with blue Faber-Castell DMC Stampers Big Brush Markers. The brown background was colored with Faber-Castell DMC Pastel Pencils. I colored heavily with brown and blue and blended them using my finger. I also added some brown Pastel Pencil to the yellow flowers. I cut a mask for the flowers and then stamped Hero Arts Friend Definition CG125 using a brown Stampers Big Brush Marker colored directly on the stamp. Finally, I added white highlights using a gel pen. HINT: when working with lots of layers of colors and mediums, when your paper seems to lose it's "tooth" and isn't taking the medium well, spray it lightly (in a well ventilated area) with matte finish spray. I used Kryon Matte Finish 1321.

Thanks for peeking at my "doodles!" See you tomorrow!

8 comments :

Libby Hickson said...

This is just plain amazing. I want to be you when I grow up!!!

Vicky said...

Stunning!

Shoshonee said...

I really really like this. Great dimension.

Anne said...

Awesome Jill- love the little white rays coming out of the flowers here!

Chelsea said...

This is gorgeous! Love the colors.

Clare said...

OH so gorgeous! Those flowers are AMAZEing! Love the boldness of this!

Dawn T said...

awesome Jill... lovely colourings

Karina Beck said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!