October 11, 2010

Inspired by...Dana

Welcome to another week of "Inspired by..." Our featured artist this week may very well be one of the sweetest friends I've met online. And not only is she super sweet, she is incredibly talented. It's Dana A.K.A. Scrapper43 on flickr. So without further ado, here's our first inspiration card by Dana:
The first thing that caught my eye on this beautiful card of Dana's is the unique colors. I love how she has paired the dark brown of the die cut with her super vibrant butterfly. (Which is colored and embellished to perfection, I might add!!) Then the teal of the background is so unexpected and lovely! And if you like this card, be sure to see THIS post on Dana's blog, because this card is part of a charming set of cards whose rainbow of colors will just make you feel happy!
Here is my take:
Thanks for popping by and I hope you will visit again tomorrow to see another of Dana's awesome cards. Oh, and if you just can't wait until tomorrow to see more of Dana's work, you can always pop over to her BLOG and PHOTOSTREAM! :)
All Stamps Hero Arts (CL351 and CL383)

20 comments :

Joy said...

Ooh Yummy! Love this card Jill, way too beautiful the both of them.

Sarah J Moerman said...

LOVE these colors! So yummy!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Wow, such vibrant colors! Both cards are beautiful. I love the way you attached the tag on your card Jill.

Lin said...

Beautiful cards, ladies - great inspiration from Dana!

Barb said...

Yay! I love Dana's work! Gorgeous cards from both of you today! :)

Sharon Margiotta said...

... and there you did it again!

Nancy said...

Absolutely fantabulous inspiration today, Jill! Those colors just make my heart sing....love how brown plays so well with those jewel tones. You and Dana have totally made my day!
bless you!

CanadianScraps43 said...

Where do I begin to thank such a wonderful friend! First thanks for doing this. I am honoured to say the least. Second, I am floored always by your work and today is no exception. This is outstanding my friend. The use of the colours I used have taken on a whole new life with the way you imported them to the background for your card. Oh my word is all I can say with regards to the brown embossed note card. Your butterfly appears that it is just fluttering for attention and with the beautiful colours that you used, that won't be difficult to get! Lol! Thanks again and thanks for this great surprise. On a day when we celebrate Thanksgiving here in Canada, I want to say that I am so Thankful for you my blogging buddy! Big Hugs!

Ayana Posadas said...

I adore those colors! Great card! :)

Allycat said...

Both cards are gorgeous. Oh my what wonderful colours you gals have used!

Anita Rex said...

So great to see you pick Dana as your "muse"! I remember the card that you picked, love it! What a great take you have with the multicolored sides and such great embossing!

Sharon D. from Canada said...

Beautiful card, Jill - a terrific take on Dana's lovely card!
And congrats to Dana for being featured!

Anonymous said...

Aww this is so beautiful Jill! The rainbow background is amazing - your take on Dana's gorgeous card is stunning! :)

Mari said...

I *love* how you used that embossing folder. Of course, I love the colors, your take on the design... just everything about it!

Doris said...

I simply enjoy your blog! TFS

Sanne said...

Gorgeous colors Jill - amazing effect on the background!

Alice said...

beautiful background! love this, Jill!

donna mikasa said...

Beautiful take on Dana's card! Your butterfly is just as gorgeous as hers!

Beth Norman said...

Your CASE is awesome. I love your embossed brown against the bright butterfly. I also like the sponged bg.

Jana said...

This is amazing! How did you do the embossed brown part?