October 26, 2010

Shari *Day 2*

First of all, thanks ssssssoooooooooooo much for all of your truly wonderful comments yesterday for my Hero Arts blog day with Jennifer McGuire. You are all the absolute best and your support continues to overwhelm me. Your kindness is simply amazing and means so much to me.

Here is our next inspiration card by Shari: This card is such a cutie! And boy does it show off Shari's coloring skills. The shadows and highlights on her stamped images are terrific. And have you ever noticed that Shari has such a knack for choosing interesting color schemes? All of her color choices have that special *something* that makes her cards stand apart. I love the grey and brown tones on this card. Finally, this card design is extra fun and lends itself to being used with many different stamp sets. The kraft panel that extends to the top of the card is the perfect little "home" for many different images.
Here is my take:

Please know that while I haven't had hardly any time to comment on your blogs, that I am still visiting you and enjoying all of your creations, my friends! Thanks for continuing to visit me! HUGS!
All Stamps Hero Arts (CL272, CL383, S5435)

20 comments :

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hello Jill,

Yes, that is very nice! The kraft panel this way looks sooo lovely! I like a lot Shari's card, but I looove butterflies, so your card is my fave on these! Love your background in the photo as well. And pretty, pretty butterflies!!

Hugs, Wendy

Karen Dunbrook said...

I love coming here to visit and see all the beauties. Congrats on being HA guest...you totally deserve it.....

Barb said...

Fabulous take on Shari's fun card! You both are so creative! Amazing coloring and shading on both cards today!

And I sure enjoyed your day on the Hero blog yesterday, Jill! Fabulous cards! So excited for you! Hugs! :)

Tee said...

You seem to love butterflies as much as I do...such a fabulous card..its like those butterflies are peeking out from the panel..super card Jill..

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Yes - Shari has a gift with colour comobs - and you have a gift with bringing your own inspiration. Love your card with peeking butterflies and great colouring

Sharon D. from Canada said...

Excellent take on Shari's pretty card! I love the cleanness of your design - it draws my eye right to those lovely butterflies!

Anonymous said...

This is simply stunning! Gorgeous take on Shari's card :)

Barbara said...

Love both your style of cardmaking and Shari's style. Your card today is really neat and I am going to do my take on it and transform it into a Christmas card!!! Thanks.

Sarah J Moerman said...

Gorgeous cards!!! I'm always inspired by Shari's color combos! Love what you've done with this one!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for posting these cards! They are beautiful and I suddenly know exactly what I want to do with a very strong patterned paper I have been struggling with for weeks!!! Great job ;D

Anita Rex said...

It's so true that Shari has a knack for choosing interesting colors! I am always amazed by her colors! Love her and your card too! Great design!

Nancy said...

It's like a dream come true...Jill and Shari, showing off their amazing skills in one place! The first two days have me hooked, can't wait for tomorrow!
blessings...

Sandy said...

Wow, just found your blog via Jennifer McGuire's. Your cards are absolutely FAB-U-LOUS!! Can't wait to see more:)

Teepee said...

Jill - was in your class on Sat. at Mementos and am delighted to see your blog. You are one talented lady and I look forward to seeing more of your designs. COngrats on the day with Jennifer.
Terre

Dawn T said...

Your take on Shari's card is quite stunning Jill... Love the deep blue and browns together.

Virginia L. said...

How very creative and unique with Shari's inspiration! Love this!

Alice said...

congrats on your day on the Hero Blog!!!! so happy for you! =) fabulous work as always. lovely take on Shari's card, too!

donna mikasa said...

Beautiful take on Shari's card! Love the partial stamping of the butterflies and your yummy distressing!

Mari said...

Your card has elements that are more unexpected - and I love it! Plus I really love your color choices. Usually I'm not a fan of yellow (or pink, for that matter) but this manages to look sophisticated!

Blogs said...

Waa waaa waaa - I'm brought here again by someone else's blog! PLEASE let us subscribe via email!!

I can't stand how darn talented you are!!!

d