October 29, 2010

Shari *Day 5*

As I typed "Day 5" as the header for this post, I must say I was quite bummed to see the week of inspiration with Shari coming to an end. :( BUT on the bright side, we can continue to enjoy Shari's lovely creations on the Hero Arts blog and website and on Shari's personal blog.
Here's our last inspiration card by Shari: Incredible, fun, cute...I could go on and on describing this card by Shari! This bright little cityscape just makes me smile. I think we should start painting our towns like this in real life! Okay, back to the card. :) I really like the way Shari has added dimension to this stamp by "popping up" several of the buildings. And, like always, Shari hasn't forgotten the finishing touches, including the subtle flourish stamped in the background and the string embellishment!

Shari's fun coloring really inspired me to try a new color scheme on this Artist's Butterfly by Hero Arts:
BIG, HUGE thanks to Shari for allowing me to share her work on my blog this week! And thanks, as well, for the inspiration you provide to all of us in the Hero Arts fan club!! :)

All Stamps Hero Arts (H5426, K5344, CG211, CL342)

16 comments :

Isha Gupta said...

Wow!!! Gorgeous cards Jill. Love your inspired by card, its so different yet so similar. TFS

Sarah J Moerman said...

Love them! I've so enjoyed you week featuring Shari! You both rock! :)

Dotty Jo said...

What a wonderful week! Jo x

Lin said...

What a great week, and I'm sad to see it end, too. Love Shari's city - so colorful! And your take is beautifully done, too.

Nancy said...

These two cards are both great. I love the colors! Thanks for an inspiring week!

Shari Carroll said...

I don't want this week to end.... Jill you do amazing work, I am so honored to be chosen as your inspiration, but it's YOU my friend that inspires so many. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. :o)

Anne said...

Awesome creations ladies- thanks to both of you for inspiring us all and letting us gaze at your art!

Dawn T said...

beautifully coloured Jill.... Shari's work is amazing and I'm so pleased I got to view both her work and your amazing cards as well.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job coloring on the butterfly. I do so love your style. Thanks for sharing the Mementos blog where I've also learned a little more about how you create. You now have me distress inking my own white paper..I love it!

Barb said...

Jill, this was such a fun week! Enjoyed every single day! Love all the pretty colors on Shari's city! And your butterfly is fabulous!

Kathy (krolski) said...

What a great week! I always love Shari's work and your butterfly card is gorgeous!

Alice said...

stunning! just LOVE how you colored the butterfly! you are amazing, girl!

Sharon D. from Canada said...

Great take on Shari's lovely card! Beautiful colours and colouring on both, as always!

Anonymous said...

So pretty! I always LOVE your work! :)

Maureen Chandler said...

I love the cityscape - really cute card! Where can I find that stamp??? I have looked on the Hero Arts website but can't seem to find it - please help!

Jill said...

hhhmmmm.... will let you know if I come across it... thanks for visiting!