April 1, 2010

Agata *Day 4*

Okay, find your strongest adhesive, tape runner, double sided tape, duct tape, whatever you've got and now adhere your socks to your ankles because if you don't this next card by Agata is going to knock them right off your feet!! Check out this marvelous creation:WOWSERS; right??!! I love the bright blended colors!! I also love how the order of the colors in background mirrors the order on the center panel only in reverse. The punched kraft paper is a unique way to attach the sentiment. One final element that I think really makes this card"pop" are the touches of white! Oh, Agata, you are amazing!
Here is my take:
Supplies--Stamps: Text (Hero Arts K5344), Leaves (K & Company); Ink: Distress Ink (Tim Holtz/Ranger), VersaMark; Other: Pearls (Recollections), Embossing Folder (Provocraft for Cuttlebug), Dimensional Adhesive (All Night Media), White Embossing Powder (JoAnn Craft Essentials), Large Butterfly Punch (Martha Stewart), Small Butterfly Punch (Fiskars)

20 comments :

shirley henry said...

Both cards are gorgeous! I agree with your comments on Agata`s card.
Love the white dry embossing,butterflies and stems on your beautiful card!

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful creations today, I am totally inspired by you two!!

Alice said...

both cards are stunning! just love those gorgeous backgrounds!!

Joy said...

Very beautiful interpretation of Agata's lovely card.

Anne said...

Wow- both of these card are absolutely amazing- love the strong colors and the pop of white- you 2 are way too talented!

Anonymous said...

Oh Jill-Beautiful cards and good thing I had duct tape (Dad always has a supply!) MOM

Agata said...

Jill, you're fabulous!!! THis card of your is such a wowzer that my socks are off my feet now!!! I LOVE this dry embossing and those stems on the border of your front panel! Great great card! Thank you!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Both cards are so marvelous looking, I always love to see your work with a gradient pattern of colors like this, so beautiful!

Pat Castillo said...

I saw this card on her page and wondered if you'd be featuring it on your site...Both cards are beautiful! I love your take on it, too!

Sue McRae said...

I love how the white embossing pops on the bright background!

Virginia L. said...

This is distressing and embossing at its best! Wow, you and Agata rock!

Lizziski said...

Love the colours on both your cards

Nancy said...

Luckily I wasn't wearing socks but I did have to pick myself up after being floored by both of these scrumptious offerings today! Oh my goodness you two are amazing and the inspiration is outstanding....I think I see inky fingers in my future as I plan to CASE these awesome designs.
blessings,
nancy

Tracey Kuzniak said...

BOTH cards are JAW DROPPING stunning!!!

Dotty Jo said...

Wow, what a rainbow of colours you girls have got going on here today! I haven't been able to blog much this week so need to do a little catching up as this looks like another fabulous week of inspired by fun! Jo x

Nancy said...

These two cards are so incredible! I love the way you find all the elements to highlight, Jill. Both are stunning, and I have so much to learn!

Barb said...

I so totally agree with Nancy! I may have to CASE these also! I just love how gorgeous the white embossing looks against those fabulous, rich colors!! Amazing talent from both of you!!! :)

Stephanie said...

LOVE your introduction to Agata's card :) Despite your warning, though, my socks were still blown off ;)

MicheyMoo said...

Both such beautiful cards.....I love the white embossing with the colours!! Your dry embossed card base provides the perfect frame for your gorgeous coloured matt and those yummo butterflies. xx

Heather Maria said...

Okay Jill you did warn us and the socks just went flying across the room! Love, love, love both of these fantastic cards by you and Agata!