April 19, 2010

Inspired by...Lucy!!

I am thrilled to introduce this week's "Inspired by..." stamper-- it's Lucy! If you haven't checked out Lucy's work you may be living under a rock! :) Just kidding! But seriously, you must visit her BLOG and PHOTOSTREAM! It is such an honor to share her work here on my humble blog-o, so without further ado, here is our first inspiration card by Lucy:

Are you drooling? I know I am! I love the red on this card! The butterfly is colored beautifully. The soft text in the background adds an elegant feeling as does the center panel with gems. Finally, Lucy's signature string embellishment is FAB!
And here is my take. I was really inspired by that beautiful, bold, red butterfly:

Thanks for stopping by! I hope your week is off to a great start. :) See you tomorrow with another GORGEOUS creation by Lucy!

Supplies---Stamps: Grass (Hero Arts S5316), Butterfly (Martha Stewart); Ink: Distress Ink (Tim Holtz/Ranger), Black Ink (Stampin' Up); Other: Patterned Paper (Michelle Underwood Digital Kit), Pearls (Recollections), Embroidery Floss, White Cardstock (Xerox), Dimensional Adhesive (All Night Media)

27 comments :

Lynn said...

Lucy is amazing...thanks for keeping us inspired Jill...I adore both cards! thinking i need the wheat paper on your card!!

Els said...

Both stunning cards, jill! Amazing how you amways stay true to your own style :)

Sasya said...

ищер are so beautiful!! love these colors!

Sasya said...

sorry, the first word was "both" :)

Nancy said...

Well this should be an all inspiring week! Lucy 's cards are amazing and I know yours will be the best too!
Love your take on this card!

Jacqueline said...

Gorgeous, love the red butterflies!

Lin said...

Fun week to look forward to, and you're off to a great start!!

Barb said...

What a great week it's going to be! Love Lucy's amazing talent! Your take on her beautiful card is fabulous, Jill! :)

Virginia L. said...

I can't believe that Lucy hasn't had her turn yet... it's going to be an awesome week! Love the line pp background! Beautiful, Jill!

CinnamonSally said...

Great cards from both of you, I always love Lucy's clean simple style. I also love the way you have interpretated it into you own unique style Jill.
Great cards looking forward to this week!!!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Both cards are beautiful!! Love the red butterflies and of course the string! Just gorgeous!

Nancy said...

I love your take on Lucy's wonderful signature style. Your crimson colored butterflies are so pretty against the earthy neutral background....really stunning design!
blessings,
nancy

donna mikasa said...

Lucy is amazing, and so are YOU! Love your take on Lucy's style, right down to the bit of twine! It's going to be a fun week!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Gorgeous card Jill! I also love your play with the vertical and horrizontal lines in the background!

Anonymous said...

GREAT cards Jill! MOM

Alice said...

YAY! SOOOO happy that you are featuring the fabulous, Lucy! beautiful card and i can't wait to see more!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous cards! Love the colors and depth you were able to create <3

Anne said...

Beautiful card Jill- you couldn't have picked a better lady to inspire you!

Karen B. said...

This is such a fun fun thing you do here on your blog. I really enjoy your card, I love the pop of ref!

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

Absolutely beautiful cards!

Anonymous said...

Both cards are beautiful! Love those butterflies!

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Jill, I am a huge fan of Lucy's wonderful cards... but then I am a huge fan of your wonderful cards too! Another week of card heaven in store... Jo x

Lucy Abrams said...

Jill this is gorgeous and you are just so sweet. And I am blushing here. :)
Thank you so much for picking me - I am totally honoured to be featured on your wonderful blog. xxx

Moccavanila by Vera Rhuhay said...

Wow...Jill....this is stunning!!!
Love Lucy's gorgeous card too!

Cindy Lee said...

I'm amazed by your stamping skill, Jill!!! You've got talent!!

jaemom said...

oooh... gorgeous! Love your red butterflies on the neutral background. Such a great design!

Unknown said...

both are AMAZING! I love your take on it!!!