April 26, 2010

Inspired by...Michelle!

Hello my friends! Hope you all had a nice weekend. Mine was great---with lots of time for stamping. :) Our next featured artist is so talented and has a heart of gold. It's Michelle (also known as Skrappergirl on flickr). Michelle recently caught my eye on flickr when she organized the sweetest mini card drive for Jennifer McGuire (you can read more about it HERE). Then, I started looking through her photostream and the inspiration started to flow!

Here is her first inspiration card:
Aren't these warm colors just beautiful?! I love the overall design of this card with the stitched panel along the bottom and the flower off to the side. Michelle has done a lovely job of combining patterned paper with stamping. Finally, the embossed white background is perfect texture to complete this card!

Here is my take. When I was all done with this card I realized it didn't look much like the inspiration, but I guess that is what I find so fascinating about creating based on an inspiration piece. It provides me with a jumping off point. In creating my card, I was especially inspired by Michelle's color choices and embossed background. Also, I turned the overall sketch of her card to the side and used that as inspiration, too. Thanks again for stopping by!! Be sure to stop by Michelle's BLOG for more great inspiration!Hugs and see you tomorrow!

Stamps: Sentiment and Text (Hero Arts C2962, K5344); Foliage (K&Co.), Butterflies (Martha Stewart and Fiskars Punch)

23 comments :

Sanne said...

Stunning Jill - you did magic once again!

MicheyMoo said...

That is a Mother's Day card I just have to CASE for myself!! Its beautiful.....I love every single element. Not much like Michelle's card, but both equally lovely. xx

Barb said...

Oh, this is going to be a fun week! Love Michelle's creations!! What a fabulous take on her card, Jill! I love the design and all the wonderful details!! Awesome!! :)

Nancy said...

Love your card, Jill! You have got some mad artistic skills and it's been so fun to watch your style emerge in all it's brilliance! Thanks for putting Michelle in the Inspired by...spotlight!

Sasya said...

ohh wow!!! Jill, your card is perfect!! really really beautiful!!

Marilyn said...

Beautiful to look at! Love them both!

Unknown said...

I just came across this in the FLICKR pool. It was the FIRST card I opened and I was floored that it was based off mine. I had no idea what card you had used!

You did an AMAZING job on this card. I love it. I am struggling to make a Mother's Day card and I may just lift this one! lol

Thank you so much for featuring me this week. I cannot begin to describe how very honored I am! You talent puts me in awe every time. Thank you so much for your kind words too. You have truly touched my soul! :)

alexandra s.m. said...

Love these cards and dry-embossing is one of my old time favorites! beautiful coloring as usual jill ;-)

CinnamonSally said...

Great cards again, love the vibrant colours, so bright and cheerful!!

donna mikasa said...

Michelle has a heart of gold and she's so creative, too! Love her work and your take on her card is awesome! I'm always inspired to ink distress something after visiting your blog! It's gonna be another great week!

Nancy said...

Your take on Michell's card is gorgeous, Jill. Your distressing is always over the top. Beautiful!

Doris said...

I just keep staring at this card--it's so lovely!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Absolutely beautiful, love that long stem leaf curling upwards like that, so very pretty! Love Michelle's work and, yes, she so has a heart of gold and always puts a smile on others faces!!

Cindy Lee said...

Stunning work, Jill! I love how you placed the butterfly on the leaf to make it like a trail. Well done!!

Alice said...

wow! really pretty card from Michelle! love your take on her card, too! both cards are beautiful!

ivy said...

great take on michelle's card! both are fabulous!

Moccavanila by Vera Rhuhay said...

Wow...Amazing!!!! Love your take on Michelle's card!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Love the embossed backgrounds! Another beauty of a card!

Anita Rex said...

So glad your featuring Michelle! She was so wonderful to set up the card drive for Jennifer! Love your card and love how it's different!

Mari said...

I love the colors you chose! I can totally see your 'jumping off point' - but it looks so different. Absolutely gorgeous, as always!

Suzanne C said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! Love the layers and embossed background.

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Jill! You have created such a stunning Mother's Day card here! I love, love, LOVE the play of the blue and orange! :-)

By the way, I just wanted to letcha know that I have added you to the "Blog Friends" section of my blog's sidebar.

Suzanne C said...

LOVE this card! I see the ATC I want right there in your central panel. :)