April 5, 2010

Inspired by...Donna!

Welcome to another week of *inspired* creations. This week's featured artist is soooo talented and sooo kind! It is none other than....... Donna! (mi kasa (Donna) to us flickr friends) Donna has such a range of talent and I could spend all day on her BLOG and PHOTOSTREAM!!
Here is our first card by Donna:
First of all, I can't get enough of all the layers and dimension on this creation! The colors and distressing add a natural feel. The dry embossed background also adds to this effect. Donna's clever idea of embossing it on that dark brown reminds me of the bark on a tree trunk. Finally, the bright orange butterfly is LOVELY!
Here is my take:
Thanks for stopping by! I just know you will truly enjoy seeing Donna's stunning creations this week! She is definitely a stamping idol of mine. :)
Supplies---Stamps: All Stamps Hero Arts (CG119, CL287, Digi Kit Winged Friends); Ink: Distress Ink (Tim Holtz/Ranger), Black Ink (Stampin' Up), VersaMark; Other: Ribbon (THANKS PIA!!!!!), Misc. Cardstock, Dimensional Adhesive (All Night Media), Embossing Folder (Provocraft for Cuttlebug), White Embossing Powder (Joann's Craft Essentials)

24 comments :

Alice said...

YAY!!!! So happy that you are featuring Donna!!! I am a HUG fan of her style and i love her dearly as a friend! SOOOOO excited about this week!!! =)

donna mikasa said...

Big hugs and thanks for your kind words, Jill. I LOVE your take on my card. Your work is always an inspiration to me!

Sasya said...

wow wow!! both are soo beautiful!! I love butterflies!!

Els said...

Both very beautiful!! Those butterflies are amazing!

Anonymous said...

I really like both of these cards. Thanks for sharing. MOM

Lin said...

Oh, boy, another fun week! Donna is a real sweetie, and her cards are always fun! Love your take on today's choice!!

Dotty Jo said...

Wooo hoooo! Well done Jill, another of my very favourite card makers gets a week in the spoltlight! Donna's cards are totally wonderful and super inspirational - it's gonna be another wonderful week! Love day number one... Jo x

Julia Aston said...

Love your take on the card Jill - super sponging on this!

Pat Castillo said...

Both cards are lovely! I'll be trying these ideas soon! :)

CinnamonSally said...

Wow Jill glad you are featuring Donna, I love visiting her blog as her cards are always beautifully made. Love both of these !!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a great week this is going to be! Love Donna's work! Both of these cards are so outstanding!
marilynv19

Pia said...

Awesome both cards! I am a HUGE fan of Donnas - I could spend all day in her photostream, too :-)
I am so glad you are featuring sweet and talented Donna!

Deirdre said...

Jill, adore Donna's style too... so glad you are featuring her. Love both cards.

Diana said...

Oh boy, I am certainly looking forward to these entries. I love the artwork of both of you. Nice start already!

Virginia L. said...

What!? Donna is just being featured! Well, I'm glad....as it is TIME :) I remember Donna's Swirley Frame card with the butterfly and I LOVE your take on it!! So excited to see what you'd come up with !!!

Nancy said...

Hooray for Donna, thanks for sharing her with us this week! I'm loving these perfect cards today...they are wonderful designs for masculine cards!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Wonderful how you placed the leaves and tucked them behind the butterfly, such a neat look Jill, love your rendition of Donna's creation!

Cindy Lee said...

Beautiful!! Did you color the butterfly?? Coz it's gorgeous! I could never color like that.

alexandra s.m. said...

Love the "natural" look here Jill! Gorgeous as always ;-)

Jacqueline said...

Both cards are just gorgeous and I love the butterfly on your card!

Barb said...

Oh yippee! It's Donna this week! She is so talented! Wonderful cards today!! Looking forward to more from both of you this week! :)

Moccavanila by Vera Rhuhay said...

Woohoo....Great inspiration from Donna,Jill...as I'm one of her fan :)
Both card are Gorgeous!

Jenny said...

Lovely cards... I realy love the colors. And thank you for the sweet comment on my blog... stop by anytime :D

Heather Maria said...

Wow Jill, both cards are stunning! I'm a big fan of Donna too!