March 22, 2011

Aga *Day 2*

I adore this beautiful set by Aga:
And here's my take, especially inspired by Aga's beautiful colors and neutral background: I created my tag by first stamping the floral image by Hero Arts (CG287) using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I colored the flowers using Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Stamper's Big Brush markers. Great technique video on the Faber-Castell site showing how to color using the Big Brush Markers- click HERE to watch. The sentiment (Papertrey Ink) was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. The tan background has been lightly stamped with Hero Arts Envelope Pattern (S5507) using Antique Linen Distress Ink. I also lightly edged this background with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.

See you tomorrow with another stunning creation by Aga! HUGS!

18 comments :

Unknown said...

Oh I loved her set the minute I saw it posted, Jill! Just gorgeous. Your card is stunning! Did you color the clothespin or was it already that color? Of course I love the background and it just lets all those gorgeous colors pop so pretty!

Barb said...

Aga's set is so lovely! It has such a soft feel and I love your card too, Jill! You've taken those colors and made them your own! Beautiful!

Ayana Posadas said...

I loved that set that Aga made... and of course, you always have a way with your brilliant colors. Love the little clothes pin embellishment too. Such a bright and well-designed card!

Unknown said...

I love the set Agata made. Just stunning! As is your card Jill. You do bold better than anyone I know. I love it! :)

Anonymous said...

Jill--These are just beautiful! MOM

Tiff said...

I wish I had a little Aga inside of me ;) You rocked it again Jill!

Mendi Yoshikawa said...

Such gorgeous inspiration to work with and your take turned out stunning! :)

Nancy said...

Bright, clean color on a white background...is there anything more beautiful? Both of you prove the point perfectly today!
blessings~

Tiffany Ervin said...

Such refreshing and inspiring use of colors on both projects! Love these beauties!!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Oeh, lovely! Very pretty! Love the original, such lovely colors, but your brighter one is just amazing as well! So gorgeous! I looooove colors!!
Hugs, Wendy

Agata said...

Your tag is amazing! It makes me want to grab my tags and do something with them!

Diana said...

Beautiful coordinating set...and lovely tag Jill!

Anonymous said...

Wow your card is stunning Jill! Love that beautiful coloured tag on the neautral backgraound. Just pops! :)

Tigriswillreign said...

I actually WON that card set! I'm so stoked! ;)

Chelsea said...

Ok ok enough already with the big brush markers LOL .... I ordered some today from Dick Blick in a great little set at a great little price! I got some gelatos too. You are such an enabler!

Joy said...

Beautiful bold colours, love this..love the depth so eye catching! Hugs!

Melissa Bi. said...

what a beautiful set! I love the contrast of the bright colours on the white background.
The colours on your tag are stunning.

Unknown said...

Your cards are absolutely gorgeous!! And the colors you use are stunning! Works of art!