March 21, 2011

Inspired by...Aga!

This week's featured artist, Aga, has a beautiful, crisp, and modern style! I just love her color choices and composition. Check out our first inspiration card by Aga:
Aga's row of butterflies is so pretty! The blue is exceptionally striking against the neutral backdrop. And isn't that doily a fun touch?!
Here is my take:
I began by coloring my tag with Distress Stains in Vintage Photo, Fired Brick, and Wild Honey. I dabbed the stains onto my craft sheet, spritzed with water, and dipped my tag in the ink. LOVE this look and it is super easy with the stains. The butterflies (Hero Arts CL383) were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Stamper's Big Brush Markers. The blue background began as white paper (Neenah Tiara White) and was distressed and stamped (Hero Arts CG125) with Broken China Distress Ink. The dark outer blue border was colored using a Stamper's Big Brush Marker. Sentiment by Hero Arts (CL 497).

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to hop on over to Aga's PHOTOSTREAM and BLOG- you'll love what you see!

24 comments :

Isha Gupta said...

Love Aga's work and your card is super cool. Love love it Jill.

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely cards - that blue is fabulous! Jo x

Chelsea said...

Gorgeous. Love your vibrant colors!

Wendy ten Hove said...

This is gorgeous, Jill! Love the layout that way and such pretty, pretty colors!!! Very nice!
Hugs, Wendy

Sarah J Moerman said...

Striking!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Love the colors. MOM

Barb said...

Love Aga's work! Her card is so elegant, and you've used such a wonderful color combo on your take, Jill! Looking forward to the rest of this week!

Lin said...

Oh, I LOVE Aga's card! So soft.....and your take with your own style is gorgeous! A true study today in extremes of color!

~amy~ said...

gorgeous works!

Kelly Booth said...

I love Aga's cards....both of these are just Gorgeous! Should be a fun week...

Tiff said...

Aga's card is gorgeous!!! And your take is just as equally gorgeous with your signature bright colors!

Anette said...

I love Aga's card, and your is smashing too, Jill! Gorgeous!

Nancy said...

woo hoo...I love Aga's style and her cards are so inspiring!! You've completely inspired me too, Jill!
blessings~

Unknown said...

I love you take on this. Your colors are so rich and beautiful.

Agnieszka said...

WOW Jill! Your colour combinations are always so fabulous! Thank you so much for featuring my cards, love your take on this one and just can’t wait to see more! :)

CinnamonSally said...

These are both fabulous cards, love Aga's work and looking forward to this week.

Debbie said...

Two gorgeous cards. I love them both. Great job. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards - both are lovely. I especially love your color choices Jill. Thanks for sharing them.
Marita S.

Unknown said...

Jill, love your card!! And Aga's card is so pretty.

Dawn T said...

so bright and cheerful Jill.... your butterflies stand out so much against that lovely background tag

Agata said...

It honors me that you've chosen another Polish girl to feature on your blog!!! Your take on Aga's tag card is great, love those splashes of color!

Tigriswillreign said...

Wow! I like yours better!

Joy said...

When I first saw Aga's card I was totally job smacked am still now..but my dear friend, you have truly blown me away with your take..WOW!

daisydilly (vicki) said...

Love love love the colors you used!! Beautiful work as usual