March 30, 2011

Inspired by...Ayana, Day 2

NOTE: If you are here for the Lily Pad Cards blog hop, click HERE for my post. (Or scroll down.)

And thanks to ALL of the SUPER kind comments yesterday! I sincerely appreciate each and every one! Now it is time for our next inspiration card by Ayana:
Ayana's card is CUTE, CUTE, CUTE! It just makes me smile! Here's my take: I began by coloring the flowers (Hero Arts H5481) with Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Stamper's Big Brush Markers. Then I cut the flowers out. I stamped the leaves (Hero Arts CG148) on white cardstock, colored them with Faber-Castell DMC Stamper's Big Brush Markers and then distressed the entire panel with Dusty Concord and Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink. Before gluing the flowers down I flicked the panel with water (creating the water spots). I glued the flowers down using Glossy Accents, but I left the edges of the petals without glue for dimension. The grid background was created by coloring white cardstock with Wild Honey Distress Ink and then stamping Hero Arts Graph Background (S5435) with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink. The purple background piece is Hero Hues Cardstock embossed with the Swiss Dots Embossing Folder. I added a light Layer of Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink to this as well. Finally, the green strip in the background began as white cardstock which was colored with Forest Moss Distress Stain. Sentiment by Hero Arts (CL490).

See you tomorrow with another card inspired by the wonderfully talented Ayana!

15 comments :

Chelsea said...

Gorgeous! Love the intensity of this and the water droplet background!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Stunning, once again!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! You never cease to amaze me with your creations, Jill! I love the grid background and how you made the flowers look 3d. I keep saying I'm going to try that water flicking trick...maybe today!

Barb said...

Fantastic, colorful and so amazing! Love both of these cards today, Jill!

Anonymous said...

Nice cards with beautiful colors. MOM

Kim B said...

super!!!

Ayana Posadas said...

Wow, you totally out-did my card! LoL... I LOVE it! I love how you placed that green banner strip in the middle with the paper piercing. And your coloring is once again, AMAZING!!! I'm so impressed. I'm ALWAYS so impressed with your work.

Lagene said...

OHHHH Myyyy Goodness!!! Your take is Totally Gorgeous!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Such amazing color display, both cards are so luscious and beautiful!

Nancy said...

Absolute Brilliance today! From the spectacular color to the gorgeous designs you both knocked this one right out of the park!
blessings~

Brenda Devall said...

Oh my gosh, talk about color! This is fantastic. I just love the bold colors you use.

Tiff said...

Absolutely stunning!

Jenny said...

Such pretty cards, love love love them!!! :) :) :):) :)

Tona said...

Omgosh! Your card is just gorgeous!!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Wow, love those colors...