March 26, 2011

POD & Stamper's Big Brush Markers

Today's card features all Purple Onion Designs stamps including Stems and Grass Set, Vintage 2011 Calendar, and Handwritten Holiday. The colorful grass and stems on this card were stamped using Faber-Castell Stamper's Big Brush Markers. I've had a couple questions about using these markers. To get the best impression you need to work fast when coloring your stamp. I also dab my stamp lightly with a baby wipe before coloring (helps the stamp stay wet longer). You will get a gorgeous watercolor effect. If you want your stamped impression to be more solid, go back and fill in/color your stamped image on the paper with your Big Brush Marker or PITT Artist Pen (great for small details and also to add shading). Next, I stamped the calendar stamp using Pumice Stone Distress Ink, removing some portions of the ink from the stamp with a baby wipe before stamping. Finally, I added Peeled Paint Distress Ink along the bottom and edges of the stamped panel.

Thanks for popping in this weekend! Hope you are blessed with lots of time to be crafty! :)

16 comments :

Joan B said...

beautiful

Unknown said...

I love watercolor effects and this card is just beautiful!

Barb said...

Beautiful card today, Jill! Love your colorful leaves!

Chelsea said...

This is soooo gorgeous. Can't wait to get my markers. I think they are scheduled to deliver on Monday. Thanks for the tips.

Anonymous said...

Lovely card.

Anonymous said...

Lovely card.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Very pretty! I love the different fonts displayed on the sentiment!

Nancy said...

so pretty...thanks for the handy tips too!
Have a lovely weekend!

Anne said...

Beautiful colors and love the mixed font sentiment here Jill!

Carole M. said...

..I've really enjoyed your cards bursting with great imagery and especially COLOUR with such a punch. This card is just another beauty! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful art techniques; you're inspirational.

Brenda said...

Stunning colours and layering Jill!

Anonymous said...

The colors really stand out on this card. I like the way you take off some of the background stamp. Too cool!

Donna
So Cal

Anonymous said...

Beautiful - I am so addicted to colors - they draw me in everytime. Very nice use of colors on this card. Marita S.

Stephanie said...

Your tutorials are SO helpful... I love reading your posts so much. Thank you :)

Anonymous said...

Wow Jill this is so gorgeous! Love those coloured leaves :)

Latrice said...

Love this card. Also I didn't get to post, but I took a look through your Aga cards! WOWZERS! Love them all so much. Great job Jill.