March 23, 2011

Aga, Day 3

Here's our next stunner by Aga: Aga's background on this card is a true beauty! I love watercolor effect and pretty stamping. The sentiment panel works perfectly with the background stamp. And how 'bout that bow? BEAUTIFUL!
Here's my take:
The red background was created by applying Fired Brick Distress Stain to my craft sheet and spritzing with water. Next I dipped the background paper into this ink. After it was dry, I applied Dusty Concord Distress Ink using an ink blending tool. The flower (Hero Arts CG303) was colored using Faber-Castell Stamper's Big Brush Markers (coloring directly on the stamp) and then was lightly spritzed with water before stamping. After cutting out the flower I applied Walnut Stain Distress Ink to the edges. Sentiment by Hero Arts (CL490).

Thanks again for stopping by and leaving such sweet comments. I also wanted to mention that I am entering this card in my good friend Joy's fun challenge. Check it out HERE.
See you tomorrow!

22 comments :

Unknown said...

Both cards are just gorgeous! I do love distress inks. They make it so easy to watercolor! The colors are stunning, Jill:)

Wendy ten Hove said...

Orh, so lovely both! I already was a fan of your style, Jill, but you've also inspired me to go and follow Agnieszka, she makes such wonderful things!!! Very nice to see you take on this!
hugs, Wendy

Joan B said...

beautiful

Barbara said...

Lovely card with rich colors

Chelsea said...

You sooooo inspire me!

Anonymous said...

The colors are stunning--MOM

Brenda said...

Stunning work Jill, as always!

Joy said...

Well it seems I have lots of commenting to do on all of your cracking creations...loving this the colours are truly stunning...LOVE!! Hugs!

Lin said...

Beautiful cards today!!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Gorgeous, yummy creations by both of you!

Shawna said...

Lovin' those rich colors. This card has a lot of WOW without a lot of "stuff" KWIM? Fabulous!

Barb said...

Stunning cards from both of you, today! Wow!

Agnieszka said...

This is awesome, Jill! You can't stop amaze me! :) Love it!

Julia Aston said...

wonderful coloring on your inspired card Jill! love your technique!

Terri (blindstamper) said...

Both cards are gorgeous! I'm so glad you do this...thank you (although you cost me $...wanting more supplies & stamps to try what you do). :)

Tiffany Ervin said...

Beautiful Jill!!

alexandra s.m. said...

marvelous Jill! TFS!!

Melissa Bi. said...

The background texture of your card looks like suede!

Joy said...

Thanks for entering Jill...perfection at its best..feel better soon my friend, hugs!

Agata said...

What an elegant card, Jill! LOVE that background!

MicheyMoo said...

Oh my ......I love Agata's card....but your take on it is truly magnificent Jill. Love the colours of the blended background and the simple layout truly sets it off. xx

Steph Mitchell said...

This also inspired me to make a couple of cards which I have added to my blog.