March 9, 2011

Julia *Day 3*

Here's our next gorgeous card by Julia:
LOVE Julia's stamping on canvas for this beautiful card! And you just can't beat her color choices for her butterfly and patterned paper strips.
Here is my take:I began by stamping Hero Arts Butterfly (CL383) with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on Sticky Back Canvas. Next I colored the butterflies using Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft PITT Artist pens. I added Distress Ink (Brushed Corduroy and Broken China) onto the canvas using an ink blending tool. The splatter was stamped using a splatter stamp by All Night Media and Distress Ink (Brushed Corduroy). Finally, I stamped the sentiment (Hero Arts CL146) using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.
Thanks again for visiting!! HUGS!

18 comments :

Sarah J Moerman said...

My jaw just hit the floor! Wow!!!

Anonymous said...

So nice, Jill. MOM

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness!! Your card is GORGEOUS, just to get started on adjectives!! Jill, you are a major talent, really an artist. I know very well that I want to buy some sticky back canvas, but I also know mine will look nothing like yours when I'm through! Thank you for posting your work-you really do inspire me:)

Isha Gupta said...

Sarah, lets go to the Dentist together....at least he will understand the reason. Oh Jill this is stunning!!!!

slbt17 said...

heavy sigh .....
Sandra ltb

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning Jill!

Lin said...

LOVE the effect that canvas gives - beautiful, Jill!

Unknown said...

I agree with Sarah...my jaw hit the floor too! I don't know how you do it Jill...you pull out masterpiece after masterpiece. I am just in awe of your talents! :)

Ayana Posadas said...

I love butterflies... and I LOVE your card! Gorgeous work, once again!

Barb said...

Love seeing your gorgeous coloring on canvas, Jill! This is really beautiful!

Nancy said...

Seriously gorgeous soft color on your background, Jill. I love how you took Julia's lovely inspiration and beautifully made it your own.
blessings~

pcm said...

Love those butterflies! Your card is GORGEOUS!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Fabulous as usual! Really love it on the canvas!

Darlene DeVries said...

Amazing Jill!!

Dawn T said...

OMG.... what a stunner..... you have really made an amazing card.

Tiffany Ervin said...

I need to try this canvas look sometimes, have never indulged in it, but it looks so remarkable! Love the feel and the texture!

MicheyMoo said...

Oh my stars these are gorgeous!! I'm still mastering stamping and colouring on paper - let alone adding other textures/textiles/media to the mix!! Love your butterflies Jill, and you make sponging and colouring on this gorgeous canvas look sooooooo easy. :)

Anonymous said...

Wowsers Jill - your canvas card is jaw-dropping! I'm in love with this.
When I saw Julia's card, I thought "Gosh, that's gorgeous" and now I see that you made something absolutely stunning today too. Great job! Thanks for your inspiration, hugs, Ruth S