March 28, 2011

Inspired by...Ayana!

Hi everyone! I am happy to report that I have survived the big craft room move and am happily crafting away in my new space. I LOVEEEEE it! I have a few finishing details to work on and then I can't wait to share it with you, my friends. Now, onto business. :) This week's featured artist has a style all her own. Her cards and coloring always impress...yes, our featured artist this week is none other than Ayana Posadas. You MUST check out her blog HERE. Here is our first inspiration card by Ayana:
Aren't Ayana's bright colors just FAB?! I love the rainbow effect of her pretty stars. The gemstones are a lovely touch! And overall this is such a simple, yet effective design. Here is my take:
The butterflies (Hero Arts CL383) were colored with Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Stamper's Big Brush Markers. Next, I created the background using Distress Ink (Broken China and Peeled Paint) and then flicked it with water. The grass stamp (Purple Onion Designs Stems and Grass) was stamped with Peeled Paint Distress Ink. The yellow background was distressed with Wild Honey Distress Ink and then stamped with Walnut Stain Distress Ink (Hero Arts CG125). Sentiment by Papertrey Ink. Thanks for stopping by! I'll see ya tomorrow with a special post--get ready to hop, hop, hop. ;)

25 comments :

Manasa said...

Very very beautiful Jill...I love ur style as well as Ayana's....plain gorgeousness :)

shirley said...

Hi Joy.
I have not been able to comment every day....but still enjoying viewing everyone of your awesome creations!
Looking forward to seeing photos of your new craft space!

Anonymous said...

Your sweetness just shines through your writing! Your card is beautiful. I like how you colored the butterflies and always custom color your backgrounds with DI.

Chelsea said...

Gorgeous. Got my markers and now I need to play!

Isha Gupta said...

This left me speechless again Jill. Love everything about your card and I love Ayanas work too. TFS this awesome creation. I would like to CASE it, if you permit.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness!! Your card is absolutely gorgeous, Jill. I love your rainbow butterflies, that beautiful blue background sets them off so perfectly. Love the stems and grass below, love the yellow card, the text...just LOVE this card. :) I can't wait to see photos of your new space!

Brenda said...

Ayana has a beautiful clean and bright style, I adore her creations! I love your take on it Jill, superb coloring!

Barb said...

Yay! It's a week filled with Ayana's gorgeous cards! Love this one with the bright stars and swirls and your take is amazing, Jill! Unbelievable colors!

Lin said...

Beautiful! And I love your butterflies descendng in size going up your brilliant card!

Anonymous said...

Those butterflies look like they could just fly away--so beautiful! MOM

Rachel Izakowicz said...

Beautiful cards!! Can't wait for this week - I really love Ayana's style!

Tee said...

I've been in love with Ayana's work for a long time now..and I even CASEd a couple of her cards on my blog..but this is beyond awesome!! Some day (when I get distress inks) I would love to CASE some of your cards!
Hugs, Tejal

Tiff said...

Congrats to Ayana!!! Her bold eye-catching work is amazing!!! Love your take Jill!

Christiana said...

Beautiful, beautiful cards, the both of you. They really lift the spirits!

Ayana Posadas said...

Oh, Jill.. I totally LOVE how your card turned out. The butterflies, with their different shapes and sizes, look so pretty trailing up the blue panel.
I love the idea and execution and I'm SOOO honored to be a part of your blog this week!

Nancy said...

Not only is Ayana uber-talented, she's so sweet too! Can't get enough of this gorgeous color today!
blessings~

Anonymous said...

Love the rainbow crystals on Ayanna's card and yes her colors are beautiful - will have to check out her blog. I absolutely adore your card - everytime I see your water sprinkled background I think - I've just got to give that a try - it's beautiful! And ofcourse I love the butterflies... thanks for inspiring me... Marita S.

slbt17 said...

love it!
Sandra ltb

alexandra s.m. said...

gorgeous as usual Jill!
TFS.

MicheyMoo said...

Oh. My. Word. I love both cards!! Ayana has mastered the simple yet dynamic impact with her cards!! And, Jill, the colours of your flutterbys are so gorgeous!! I love all of your layout, from the grasses to the water effect in the sky. xx

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous coloring of the butterflies and love your background for them!

Angel said...

WOWSERS! BOTH OF THESE ARE just lovely!!!!

Shawna said...

What a bright, happy, BEAUTIFUL card Jill! Can't wait to see pics of your new craftin' space!

Dotty Jo said...

Magical! Jo x

Gopi said...

super cute cards! Loving all the colors of the rainbow :)

I'm def a follower of your site...please stop by my site as well! Thanks :)

http://www.createmepink.blogspot.com