December 4, 2009

Inspired by... PIA!

Hi everyone! I hope you are having a great start to your weekend. I know I am looking forward to watching some Christmas movies and making cards. :)

I have always admired the style our next featured stamper and I'm sure you will too. For the next six days I will be featuring cards made by... the talented Pia Overgaard! You will want to add her blog to your favorites so here is the link. Oh, and don't forget to stop by her photostream- another fab place for inspiration!

Here is our first fun card from Pia:

Could this be any cuter?! I don't think so! I love those smiley cats in pink. Their glittery scarves look great. I love the background stamping Pia did, too! Finally the "meow" embellishment hanging from the fun ribbon finishes off this unique card.

Here is my take:


Thanks for stoppin' by, my blogging buddies. I can't wait to show you another of Pia's fabulous creations tomorrow!

Thanks also for your comments and encouragement-- I appreciate each and every comment!!

Supplies

Stamps: Sentiment (Hero Arts CL167), Outline Flowers (Hero Arts Thanks again, Heather!), Crackle Background (Rubber Stampede), Text (Inkadinkado); Ink: Distress Ink (Tim Holtz), Memories Dye Ink in Chestnut, Frost White Ink (ColorBox Pigment Ink); Other: Leaves Die Cut (Sizzix) Kraft Cardstock (Stampin' Up), Misc. Cardstock and Thread, Clear Acrylic Stickers (EK Success), Sentiment Die Cut (ProvoCraft), Scallop Punch (Fiskars), Gel Pen (Sakura), Watercolor Pencils (Stampin' Up), White Ribbon (Offray)

17 comments :

Godelieve said...

I'm a Pia fan :)
Love your version of the card!!

Jacqueline said...

Gorgeous inspiration card Jill - you are an ace with flowers!
I also love Pia's style of cards - nice you are showcasing her this week!

Moccavanila by Vera Rhuhay said...

Love...love your card and Pia's card too! Both are gorgeous!

Rosemary said...

YAY!!! I'm soo excited you chose Pia, Jill!!! She is FABULOUS!!! Love her card and your take on it it!!

Rosemary said...

YAY!!! I'm soo excited you chose Pia, Jill!!! She is FABULOUS!!! Love her card and your take on it it!!

Kath Stewart said...

super gorgeous cards ....love Pia's style...hugs kath xxxx

Arlene said...

Love Pia's card... those cats are the cat's meow...

Wonderful take on Pia's card too.

Anette H said...

So happy to see Pia highlighted like this, she is a marvelous artist and person!! Love your take on her card!

Nancy said...

I'm so glad you are putting Pia in the spotlight! There are a lot of Pia's cards in my Favorites on Flickr, I'm really a fan!
Love the cards today, so much color and great design!

Anonymous said...

So great to see Pia's work as your inspiration this week! What fun! Both of your cards are delightful!
marilynv19

Tracey said...

WOW!! Beautiful take on Pia creation!!! LOVE the crackle look on the background...so unique!

Sue McRae said...

It's great to see Pia featured this week, her cards are fantastic!

Virginia L. said...

I love both cards! Pia's style is something to emulate and you have captured it beautifully! Love the shading of your flowers and the little touches are fabulous. Way to go, Jill!

Linda aka Oz said...

Love your card Jill, great choice on Pia. She inspires me constantly! Oz

Pia said...

Thank you again so much for featuring me this week. WOW I am so honored that you feel inspired by me and I have to say that I love your creations. Each week you come up with so many wonderful designs. I really like your coloring on the lovely flowers for todays card.

Heather Maria said...

I love Pia's style too. Her cat card is adorable and I love your card inspired by her. The crackled background is gorgeous and the flowers look absolutely fantastic.

Chris said...

I love Pia's work too but your "take" on her cards is fabulous for each day! Now it's like double Pia for a week! :) Thanks for inspiring...