December 3, 2012

A Week of Circles, Day 1

Before beginning today, I just wanted to give a BIG thanks to all of you for your visits and wonderful comments last week on the Penny Black blog as part of the Cute to Elegant feature.  I was truly overwhelmed by your kindness and encouragement. THANK YOU!

This week I thought I'd feature Christmas cards that all have some sort of circular element.  To begin, here are two shaped cards which also feature a circular element for the sentiment.
100_4020
Penny Black 30-136 A Wish for Peace was stamped with VersaFine Onyx Black Ink, embossed with clear powder, and colored with Copic markers. I added Distress Ink (Forest Moss and Peeled Paint) over the stamped areas.  The sentiment is by Penny Black 4288F, Christmas Magic.
100_4012
To create this card I stamped Penny Black 40-160 Ornamental with VersaMark ink and embossed with white powder.  I applied Wild Honey Distress Ink and stamped Penny Black 40-162 Crystal Pattern using Memento Peanut Brittle Ink.  I also added a few touches of Gathered Twigs Distress Ink for added depth.  The sentiment is by Penny Black, 4289E Beautiful Season.

Oh, and be sure to check out the Penny Black blog all this week for sneak peeks at the new Valentine release and giveaways!!
finished title

Speaking of giveaways-- I'll be back tomorrow with the winner of THIS giveaway. HUGS!

7 comments :

Elizabeth Allan said...

These gorgeous cards have me spinning in circles of delight!

Jeanette M. said...

Jill, these cards are gorgeous! I love the background on the first one - it's so pretty!

Jana said...

Oh wow! These are amazing Jill

Pat said...

LOVE the coloring and the idea of using circles, too!

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous my Friend!
your projects are so inspiring!

xx

Dawn T said...

adorable Jill. Your circles are delightful

Beate said...

You will make me start using my twine/hemp more. Gorgeous circle cards, the both of them.
Hugs and smiles