July 5, 2012

Set

Hi, my friends! I hope all of you who celebrate the 4th of July had a awesome day yesterday.  Mine was filled with wonderful time spent with family (and some delicious picnic/barbeque food, too!).
I created this set a while back and hadn't shared here yet because it was definitely one of those projects that took me forever and I wasn't ever totally happy with the final result.  Don't you hate that when you you keep fiddling and fiddling and pretty soon you're ready to throw the whole thing in the trash?! LOL  Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way sometimes....  Anywho, the small triangular piece was created by rolling up a square piece of Penny Black textured paper and taping it along the seem.  The top flips open and it can be filled with small candies or treats as a party favor or small gift.  I hope these directions make sense... feel free to email me if you have any questions. All stamps by Penny Black.

Thanks for visiting!

10 comments :

Dawn T said...

awesome set Jill. It has given me some cool ideas for a project I'm currently working on... so a big thanks from me

Paula (PEP) said...

Such an encouraging post & you're definitely not alone. I spend endless hours fidding about & get so sick of what I'm doing that I wonder if I really should be creating at all sometimes!!
Love the little decorated cone & yes it does make sense.
Paula (PEP)

Paula (PEP) said...

Such an encouraging post & you're definitely not alone. I spend endless hours fidding about & get so sick of what I'm doing that I wonder if I really should be creating at all sometimes!!
Love the little decorated cone & yes it does make sense.
Paula (PEP)

Unknown said...

Oh yes, I do know how you feel and have actually thrown things in the trash! But I don't see what you're not liking in this set. It's very colorful and so pretty!!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Whoa...don't even think about tossing these treasures--they are fabulous!!!

Katie said...

That is a great set. Remember we are our own worst critics.
You did a great job and as always both are beautiful. I love that butterfly even more than the HA one, and that is saying ALOT.
Hope your CHA projects are going along well. Will you get to go?
Thanks for continuing to share your AWESOME talents!!

Barbara said...

I love that paper cone that can be used as a favor. I do want to try that! Thanks for sharing!

Debbie said...

sometimes I fiddle and fiddle and hours have gone by and then I realize how much time I have spent..... so I know that feeling well. However, yours turned out great!

MaryH said...

Not sure what you didn't like about this project. I think it's beautiful. Thanks for sharing that you get discouraged with your creations too. If an 'expert' cardmaker like yourself can say that, it makes ME feel better..I'm far from expert! But trying to improve....TFS

~Tammy~ said...

Love this!!! Totally awesome~ Keepers!!!!