February 18, 2013

Inchie Arts with Dina *Day 1*

I am so excited to be sharing a new collaboration with the SUPER talented Dina Kowal this week!  For each day of our 3-day collabo we will be playing with the same size mat board squares by Inchie Arts.  Today Dina and I are both using the 2" Twinchie Squares. 
peek2

This was my first time working with the Inchie Arts mat board squares and let me tell you, I'm in LOVE!  I wanted to try watercoloring on this surface and it worked perfectly.  Because of the thickness of the squares, I did not have to worry about "curling" or getting the surface too wet.
IMG_0145

I began by stamping Penny Black 30-159 Dahlias onto the Twinchies using Ranger Archival Black Ink.  I colored the flowers and backgrounds with Faber-Castell Art Grip Aquarelle Watercolor Pencils using the same technique as I did in THIS video.  The embossed background paper, Penny Black EP402 Lattice White, was inked with Palette Hybrid Inks and Distress Inks and I added the Twinchies with pop dots. The completed size of each card is approximately 4 x 4 inches. 
IMG_0144

Now be sure to pop over to to Dina's blog to see what she's done with the Twinchies! Here's a little peek...
Dina Day 1

Dina Day 1.1
    
Click HERE for the full reveal!
See you tomorrow for our next Inchie Arts collaborative post!

6 comments :

Elizabeth Allan said...

Your two-inchies are beautiful Jill. The depth and vibrancy of the colors are tremendous. Off to take a peek at Dina's work....

Anonymous said...

Νo main prοblem - they also take diѕh
washing, ocean front homes, and dеsκ dancing (according to
the menu, which іs 100 % of witty tidbits. The publican ordered Daisy, his barmaid, to convey some celebratory mixed drinks. Stir in onions, celery, chopped yellow bell pepper and cook dinner until such time as tender.

Also visit my web page: cloudytags.Com

Dina Kowal Creative said...

Love these! The matboard watercolors sooooooo nicely - love the bright colors and the variety in your set. I think I need some dahlias in my life...!

(You'll probably delete it but I love the spam comment above mine... desk dancing?!!

Dawn T said...

WOW Jill, The colours are so vibrant, I can hardly believe they are watercolour pencils. Off to visit Dina now

Stephanie said...

You are incredible Jill, jaw-dropping stunning!!!!! xxx

NinaB said...

These are wnderful, Jill. You colored them so beautifully. Thank you for linking to it on my page. I will have to share this on FB, too.