February 11, 2013

Springtime Tags

This week I have lots to share with you, including two new videos! To kick things off, I have a couple of tags created using Penny Black stamps from the new Take Flight catalog.  Here's the first tag...
100_4554

I began by stamping background stamp, 40-207 Trailing Beauty, with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto my tag.  I colored the flowers using Copic markers and then lightly distressed the background with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink.  The sentiment, 30-160 Friendship, was stamped with VersaFine Onyx Black Ink, and then distressed with Antique Linen Distress Ink. Finally, I added two butterflies punched (Fiskars punch) from black cardstock.

This next tag was created with the Penny Black collage stamp, 4309L Singer's Muse. I colored the background with Distress Inks (Peeled Paint, Fired Brick, Spiced Marmalade, and Wild Honey) and the bird and the flower were colored with Copic markers, cut out and adhered to the tag using pop dots. The sentiment, 30-162 Elegance, was stamped with VersaFine Onyx Black Ink.
1

See you on Wednesday with a new PB&J video.
I've been watercoloring and can't wait to share!

14 comments :

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Gorgeous!!!!!!

Tiff said...

Gorgeous girlie!

Maureen Hayes said...

Jill,

These are gorgeous, as always! I look forward to your video with water coloring. You amaze me with your talent and always inspire me.

Have a great day,
Maureen

Dianne said...

Jill this is gorgeous the coloring and background are outstanding, thanks for sharing..

Barbara Thomassen said...

Your work as usual is stunning. Love it lots. Thanks!

StayC said...

Totally inspired....THANK YOU!

Dawn T said...

simply gorgeous tags Jill. Love that beautiful blue bird.

Anonymous said...

Hi there would you mind letting me know which webhost you're working with? I've loaded your blog in 3 completely different browsers
and I must say this blog loads a lot quicker then most. Can you suggest a good
hosting provider at a fair price? Thanks, I
appreciate it!
Check out my weblog : new entrepreneurial ideas

Dixie Cochran said...

These are beautiful, Jill. I especially love the Singer's Muse. Can't wait to see your video. always learn something new!

jenbar said...

This is lovely- ideal for inspiration for using distress inks. Thank you

Elizabeth Allan said...

A burst of spring happiness! Fabulous tags!

marshy said...

Jill, what white product did you use for center of flowers. They are beautiful

Jill said...

Thanks for the comment, Marshy! I used a white gel pen to lightly color the center of the flowers on the 2nd tag. Hope this answers your question. Happy stamping!

NinaB said...

I'm so impressed with your coloring skills. I'm Distressed inks-challenged and admire those who do it so well! :)