July 18, 2011

BLOG TAKEOVER- Day 1

Good morning! Jill here, to let you know that as you read this I am probably up in the air making my way to CHA. I'm quite nervous about flying so hopefully I don't chicken out! LOL While I'm gone this week, some sweet friends of mine are taking over Inspired By... blogging and creating cards inspired by me. (I'm super honored, BTW!). Let's begin with the uber-talented Sarah:

Hi everyone! Sarah Moerman here, taking over Jill's blog for the day while she's at CHA. I'm so excited to be visiting and sharing a couple of cards I made that were inspired by our extremely talented friend. (I couldn't stop with just one). ;) Here's Jill's fabulous creation:


I was inspired by Jill's color combination, the depth she added by distressing the edges, the torn edge on the kraft paper, and her sketch.... basically EVERYTHING about her card. ;) Here are my cards:



Using Hero Arts stamps and Bo Bunny patterned paper, I kept the layout the same as Jill's for my first card. The notecard was stamped using Hero Arts "Modern Lines" stamp. I stamped the cake from the "Celebrate All Day" set directly onto the polka dot paper. I then re-stamped it on white cardstock, colored it with Prismacolor pencil crayons, cut it out and adhered it over the first cake. (The candles I just colored directly on the patterned paper so I wouldn't have to do all the fussy cutting). I think the rest of the card is pretty self-explanatory.

For my second card I kept the colors the same but flipped sketch onto it's side. The background was stamps with Hero Arts Cling Dots background stamp. The worm and sentiment are both from the "Birthday Buddies" set by Paper Smooches. Again I used Prismacolor pencil crayons to do my coloring.



If you have any questions feel free to email me. My email address is at the top right side of my blog: http://sarahsjustvisiting.blogspot.com/.



Thank you so much, Jill, for inviting me to take over your blog today! I am truly honoured and had so much fun hanging out here. :) I hope you're having a blast at CHA and can't wait for you come back and share your experience with us!

Hi it's Jill popping in to say WOW! Sarah, I just love your cards today. They are so fun!! I know I find so much inspiration on your BLOG. Trust me, if you haven't checked it out you will want to head over there ASAP. And before I go I just wanted to remind you that the BIG DEAL sale is still going on at www.ilovemementos.com- one more day! More info available here: http://www.ilovemementos.blogspot.com/

21 comments :

shirley said...

Awesome cards Sarah. Love the way you have done your ribbon/twine.

rcwidow (Linda) said...

great job on the takeover today Sarah! love the cards,.

Sarah J Moerman said...

Thank you SO much, Jill, for inviting me over to 'your place.' I'm completely honoured! Hugs!

Unknown said...

Wow, love Jill's card! Sarah, your interpretations are wonderful and so cute!! I love the modern lines background on your first card...will have to check if I can buy that somewhere!

Sasya said...

Hi, Jill!! so many gorgeous projects! love your always bright cards!! enjoy CHA~!!

Barb said...

Love both takes on Jill's card, Sarah! So fun to see you here!

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed all the cards this morning--thanks Sarah for sharing your talents. Jill's MOM

pcm said...

great cards sarah! this is gonna be a fun week!

Nancy K said...

You certainly chose a lovely card by Jill to inspire your creativity, Sarah! And I love how you gave your cards your fantastic "Sarah style". Kudos to you both! Have fun at CHA, Jill!

Anonymous said...

Both of you are so talented! Have fun at CHA, Jill. Sarah's Mom.

Isha Gupta said...

Jill's card is amazing as always and your inspired by cards are superb Sarah. TFS and looking forward to tomorrow.

sheila said...

Both of your cards look great Sarah! I love the patterned ribbon tied off with the twine. And, you picked a terrific (as always ) card of Jill's to cas

Cathy A said...

Sarah adore your take on Jill's cards, so glad you were invited to take over the day!

Lin said...

Love these bright summery colors, ladies! It's really fun to see the tables turned for a change!

Virginia L. said...

What a FABULOUS idea! Sarah did an AWESOME job taking over the blog! LOVE the cards---so sweet and adorable!

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE LOVE these cards you created Sarah....so perfectly cute!! Hugs....

donna mikasa said...

Great takeover and great cards, Sarah!

Conniecrafter said...

very cute take on her card Sarah.
Jill hope your having a terrific time!

CanadianScraps43 said...

Great takes on Jill's card Sarah. Love the whimiscal feel to your creations. So happy to see you here today. Hugs.

Maureen Morton said...

Wonderful job, Sarah! I have always loved your fun style and you used it so well! Thanks!

Ida said...

What fun cards. They are both just so cute and charming.