June 14, 2010

Inspired by... Vanessa!

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a nice weekend! My summer break starts today (I'm a teacher) and I am so excited to have lots of time to stamp! :) WAHOO!
Okay, on to the fun stuff. This week's "Inspired by..." stamper is the queen of elegance---Vanessa! I have admired Vanessa's cards for a loooong time and am so glad she is allowing me to share some of her work. Be sure to check out Vanessa's BLOG and PHOTOSTREAM for tons of inspiration and eye candy. Here is today's card by Vanessa:Vanessa's paper piecing on this card is magnificent! I love the sweet polka dot paper on the flowers. How creative! The tone-on-tone stamping in the background provides great pattern and texture. Finally, Vanessa adds her signature elegant style to this card with the perfectly placed pearls.
Here is my take:Thanks for popping by! I hope your week is off to a great start. :)
All Stamps Hero Arts (CG146, S5362, CL351)

20 comments :

Alice said...

LOVE Vanessa's elegant style!! thanks for featuring her!! and wow! your take on Vanessa's card is amazing, Jill!! striking colors!! gorgeous!

Sasya said...

awesome works!! :) oh i didnt know you were a teacher!

Els said...

Yeay!! Enjoy your summer break, Jill!! Great choice of designer! Love your striking colors! :)

Vanessa said...

I am so honored, Jill!!! Thank you so much for featuring me! I love your dogwood card, these colors look fab together! Enjoy your summer break!
Vanessa x

stampingandstitching said...

I love Vanessa's style too so I'm delighted to see her on your blog this week. Both these cards are gorgeous!Enjoy your summer hols Jill!

Lin said...

Here's another Vanessa fan checking in! I missed this sweet pea card before; so glad you chose it! Love your take on it, too, Jill.

Nat said...

wonderful, I am so excited to see your takes on Vanessa's cards! Enjoy the start of your Summer holidays! :)

Suzana said...

One word.... STUNNING!

Barb said...

I am so excited for this week with the fabulous Vanessa! Love that card of hers! And your take is so beautiful with the purple dogwood! Love it, Jill! :)

Tiffany Ervin said...

Beautiful! LOVE how the dogwood hovers over your middle vertical strip, really so elegant!

CinnamonSally said...

Oh Jill, I am so pleased that you are featuring Vanessa's cards this week I love her cards they are slways so inspirational. I have been a follower of her blog since the start, This card is particularly stunning, pink polka dot sweet peas, great idea!!. Love your dogwood card too great colour combination. Lucky you II also work in a school but its another 6 weeks before we break for the summer!

Jenny said...

Gorgeous Jill!! Love it. I love Vanessas work! :) :) :) :) :) Have a wonderful Monday!!

Dawn T said...

Wow - love Vanessa's cards and your take on her one is spectacular. Really love the colouring.

alexandra s.m. said...

Another beauty Jill!
I would love to know how many hours you spend on a card?! ;-)

Hugs~

Anonymous said...

Soooo gorgeous Jill! Love the purple dogwoods! The colours are stunning and your embossed background is so pretty :)

maria said...

so beautiful!!

Cindy Lee said...

I love Vanessa's work too! And I love what you created Jill!! Your coloring is absolutely awesome!!

Anita Rex said...

That's so great that you are on summer break now! So exciting! :> Excited that your being inspired by Vanessa! She rocks! Love your card, love the purple!

ivy said...

great featured artist! love vanessa's work and your card is gorgeous!! love the color!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Both cards are so pretty! Love them!