June 7, 2010

Inspired by...Libby!

Hi everyone! I am so glad you all stopped by because I have a fun week of inspiration planned as this week my featured artist is Libby (Stampin Libby on flickr). Libby has the coolest BLOG where she creates cards inspired by her daughter Courtney's outfits. SOOO this week, I will be sharing not only Libby's beautiful cards, but also the inspiration photos of her cutie-pie daughter and her super fun outfits. :) So here we go. Check out this lovely photo of Courtney in her beautiful dress:
And here is Libby's card:

I just can't get enough of these purple roses! I love Libby's coloring and dimension. The pearls along the bottom of the scallop add to the elegant look. And that lucious purple ribbon- the perfect finishing touch!
Here is my take using Libby's awesome color combo:Thanks so much for stopping by! See you tomorrow with another of Courtney's fun pictures and Libby's awesome cards!
Stamps: Postgram (Purple Onion Designs), Vintage Butterfly Set (Purple Onion Designs), Text (Hero Arts K5344), Sentiment (Hero Arts CL342)

21 comments :

Alice said...

beautiful beautiful butterflies, Jill!! love your take on Libby's card! gorgeous!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Courtney is such a cutie! Love that you're featuring Libby this week! Both of your cards are BEAUTIFUL! Can't wait for the rest of the week!

Libby Hickson said...

Yay, I'm soooo excited to be featured on your wonderful blog, and can't wait to see your take on my cards all week! This first one is GORGEOUS - purple & green is one of my fave combos (just look at my blog & you can see that!) and love what you did with it!

Tiff said...

YAY Libby, you rock star you! Jill, your interpretation is stunning!

Ayana Posadas said...

Beautiful Cards! :)

JAN said...

I absolutely love your blog and am fascinated at how you interpret the creations and come up with some duper fine wonderful cards..its so interesting to see what your next post will be i have been following you for long while hugs to you janet

JAN said...

your very welcome JILL..hugs jan
p.s ty for visitin my blog and leaving such warming comments glad you like my little house atc's hugs jan

Nancy said...

It's obvious we are in for another marvelous week of absolute gorgeous-ness! I'm with you, those purple roses on Libby's card are too wonderful. Love your postcard with the fab purple butterflies, such eye-candy!
bless you,
nancy

Suzana said...

I just discovered your blog! Believe me, I will visit it often is! Your products are amazing!

sideoats + scribbles said...

Love love love both of these cards!

And! I'm lucky enough to have met Courtney and she is even cuter + sweeter than her picture can capture!

HUGS! :)

Kathy (krolski) said...

Beautiful roses and those butterflies are GORGEOUS Jill! Courtney is such a cutie!

Sasya said...

oh WOW, these are just BEAUTIFUL!!

alexandra s.m. said...

I love them both! Awesome color scheme!
Thank You!

Nat said...

beautiful! These purple butterflies against the soft background is stunning! Well done, I adore this one so much!

Anonymous said...

Such gorgeous cards! I absolutely love the colours!! Love your take on it Jill :)

donna mikasa said...

Beautiful card, Jill! Love your inspiration from Libby's work--and Courtney's closet! What a fun idea!

Dawn T said...

Those purple colours are amazing Jill... one of my favourite colours and butterflies.... totally stunning.

Lin said...

I'm playing catch-up this week, but SO GLAD I stopped here! I remember this card of Libby's, and I love your take on those gorgeous colors! Gonna be a fun week!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Purples and greens are so lavish together...the striking butterfly against the dark green leaves really illuminate this card!

Heather Maria said...

Looking forward to a great week ahead with fab cards from you and Libby!

Libby's card is stunning and I love your postcard inspired by it - your backgrounds are always gorgeous and the purple butterflies look so striking against this one!

Agata said...

WHat a fun idea! And beautiful cards! Love those purple roses and the dimension, realy incredible! You picked so well those colors and your butterflies are always perfect!