September 29, 2010

Inspired by...Julie

Hi everyone! I don't typically start an "Inspired by..." week on Wednesday, but our next featured artist's work is sooo amazing, I just couldn't wait!!! :) For the next five days, I will be featuring the work of the incredibly talented Julie Ebersole. I love how her cards always have that extra "something" that makes them completely fabulous. You can see lots more of her work on her BLOG and PHOTOSTREAM. Here is today's inspiration card by Julie:
Julie's card is butterfly heaven! I love the bright, fun colors of the butterflies against the white background. The light colors add such a fresh and airy look to her creation. And don't you just love how Julie has stamped the woodgrain on the left of the card?!! Finally, the little gems add just the right sparkle to this charmer!
Here is my take:
And do you see that script background on my card--it's a new fav of mine by Hero Arts (CG197 Old Letter). I love the larger size of the font. Thanks for stopping by!! See you tomorrow with another beautiful card by Julie.
All Stamps Hero Arts: CL342, CG118, CG197, CL383

20 comments :

Momofaym said...

Wow, love that script stamp and I love the cards! Thanks for the inspiration!

Joy said...

Gorgeous cards from wonderful, talented ladies, love it!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Beautiful cards! Love the softer colors Julie used and the depth of yours. Gorgeous!

Jacqueline said...

Both gorgeous cards! I too love that bigger font on the cling stamp - great work!

Dotty Jo said...

Two girls who really know how to make a gorgeous card! Love that larger script stamp Jill - now on MY wishlist! Jo x

jen said...

I know I've said this before, but your work so inspires me....
This is just stunning!
hugs,jen(jennyscards.blogspot.com)

Barb said...

Beautiful take on Julie's lovely card, Jill! This should be an inspiring week! :)

Ayana Posadas said...

Gorgeous! Love those butterflies!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Beautiful cards! Love them both. Love the way you took Julie's inspiration and made it a bit bolder in color.

mfabucci said...

Such tallent! You two gals are just so brilliant! Thank you for sharing such lovely cards.

mfabucci said...

Such tallent! You two gals are just so brilliant! Thank you for sharing such lovely cards.

Ashley M said...

Beautiful Jill! I'm so glad you are inspired by Julie on your blog this week! Love her and I LOVE how you were inspired. :)

Stamping Cafe said...

Stunning in every way, Jill!! Love it!!

slbt17 said...

love the colors you picked - I have a soft spot for butterflies and your work anyway!
Sandra

Tiffany Ervin said...

I love the natural simplicity of both cards, really beautiful and uncluttered which gives great focus on the butterflies!

Alice said...

this is such a beauty! love it!

Anonymous said...

isn't julie e. the phenomenalest?!
love your beautiful, colourful take on this. pure jill f. ;)

Ida said...

So lovely. The butterflies are divine.
Found your blog through Julie's and am enjoying browsing your wonderful artwork.

Pop by my blog sometime if you'd like: http://faithartistry.blogspot.com

Blogs said...

Here I am again! Oh, the number of times I've been brought to your blog from one site or another.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let us follow via email!

You are SOOOOO amazingly creative!

d

donna mikasa said...

Both of you are so talented! Such wonderful eye candy! Yummm!