September 27, 2010

Inspired Stamp Challenge Week, Day 6

It's day 6 of my fun challenge with Jennifer McGuire. :) This is our inspiration card today: {Created by me, originally inspired by Sasya, HERE.}
Jennfer and I are both using the Hero Arts Dogwood (S5362) today:Here's my take: I created the background on this card using Fired Brick Distress Ink and the Fired Brick Distress Ink Refill. First, I used the ink blending tool to apply a light layer of distress ink to white watercolor paper. Then I spritzed it with water. Next, I took the refill dropper in Fired Brick and applied small drops of ink at the top of the paper. I sprayed it heavily with water and the ink dripped down the paper. Once dry, I stamped the script (Hero Arts CG197) and added Walnut Stain Distress Ink to the edges of the background. I think I will be using this technique in the future--so fun (and so messy)!!!

And check out Jennifer's take on the challenge HERE. I can only imagine how beautiful it will be! :) See you soon for our last day of the Inspired Stamp Challenge. I must say, I'm sooo sad to see this coming to an end... :(
All Stamps Hero Arts: S5362, CL342, CG197

25 comments :

Manasa said...

Beautiful colours :) Love what both of you have created :)

Anonymous said...

Jill your cards have been so beautiful this week! Love this one especially :)

Cindy Groh said...

Very Pretty:)

Barb said...

Wow, wow and wow! What a fantastic technique! Love the effect, Jill! This is really beautiful!

debbie said...

Wow I love the effect of that background! Thanks for sharing how you achieved that great look!

Sue McRae said...

Wow, I love the depth of colour on the background Jill. Thanks for sharing your how-to, I'm definitely going to try this out!

Anne said...

Just stunning Jill! I love the technique with the reinkers....but sadly I don't have any- heck I may need to go get some now after seeing gorgeous creation!

JulieHRR said...

STUNNING!

Sarah J Moerman said...

A-mazing!

Anonymous said...

Two very beautiful cards! MOM

Unknown said...

amazing.

Nancy said...

so stunning!! what a marvelous technique...really elegant result!
bless you...

Dawnll said...

Wow that is a great color you used, I have that ink and haven't used very much or in quantity.
Enjoying all your cards.

Anette H said...

Such a neat background, looks like the paper is wavy! Thanks for sharing how you did this, Jill, I will have to try this - as soon as I buy some re-inkers...

Agata said...

Thanks for sharing your tips on this technique!!! It looks just awesome! All your card you made this past week were, I just had a look on those I haven't seen yet. The sunflowers are amazing!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Another fabulous card! I always love the bright beautiful colors that you are able to achieve. TFS!

Barbara said...

Your card is super!!!!WOW! I'll be sorry to see this challenge end as well! Maybe you can have another one together later.That would be nice!!!!

Barbara said...

Your card is super!!!!WOW! I'll be sorry to see this challenge end as well! Maybe you can have another one together later.That would be nice!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is KILLER (and not because the blood red, LOL!) I mean this is so rich and beautiful...such a stunning technique! So glad you and JMcG got together so that I could find you...you are a beautiful artist!
Blessings, Leah

Alice said...

love the beautiful rich colors! wonderful card, Jill!

slbt17 said...

Great job - love it!
Sandra

Tiffany Ervin said...

Gosh, that background really looks like a soft and lustrous, velvety curtain! Beautiful!

Dawn T said...

Stunning Technique. It really gives texture and character to the background, Wonderful card.

CaninosArtisticCafe said...

the background on this card is to die for! I absolutely LOVE the color and the technique you used to create it. Thanks for sharing!

Pam said...

Beautiful card! Love your work.