August 29, 2012

Same Stamp Collabo with Dina- Day 6

*If you're here for the Faber-Castell/Creative Imaginations blog hop, please click HERE or scroll down.*
I've had sooooo much fun collaborating with Dina these last few weeks, I'm bummed to report that this is our last collaboration post (for now, anyways!).  Each day that we've posted, I just couldn't wait to get over to her blog to see what she created with the same set.  And let me tell you, I was WOW'd every time!  Today we are both working with Penny Black 40-132 So Blessed:

In creating my card, I tried a new technique (new to me, at least!) to create the background.  Using watercolor paper, I heavily misted the paper with water.  Then I dabbed Distress Stains onto the wet background (Peeled Paint, Fired Brick, Wild Honey, and Broken China).  Next I stamped my image and went over it to darken it even more with a Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Stamper's Big Brush Pen in 199-Black.  The white portions were colored with the *new* WHITE Stamper's Big Brush Pen- this was my first time using the new marker and let me tell ya, I LUV it!
Click HERE to see what Dina has created with this same set- I'm dying to see what she's come up with. :)  Thanks for popping by!

10 comments :

Elizabeth Allan said...

Oh no...this is the last day of the collaboration?! It was so much fun to see you and Dina create beautiful projects with the same stamps!

The watercolor effect on this design is fantastic!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful; the colors blended so nicely! Love it! Can you please tell me what brand watercolor paper you use, or can you perhaps recommend several brands? Thank you so much!

Jo Ann K

Katie said...

WOW!!! Love that technique--totally new to me, too. Will definitely have to try it. Don't have that stamp set, but should have something that will work. I can think of a couple PB ones right off the top of my head--ones that I purchased after a PB & J episode, or another one of your tutorials.
Again, WOW!!

Jayne said...

I love the watercolor background. Beautiful card!

Dee in N.H. said...

This has been so AWESOME! You guys are great!

Dawn T said...

what a great card Jill. The silhouette looks stunning against that amazing background.

Unknown said...

Great card! Not only is it a contrast of colors, it's a contrast of eras. The stamp is more vintage but the background has a hip vibe from the 70's. That kind of background is my favorite technique!!

alexandra s.m. said...

It looks divine dear!
TFS~

Agata said...

Amazing, simply amazing! Did I say stunning? :)

Debbie said...

Absolutely Amazing background!