August 1, 2012

New stamps!

I'm soooo excited to announce that the new Penny Black Christmas and Halloween catalogs are available for viewing  HERE and HERE.  Here's a card using one of my *new* favorite stamps---
For today's card I used Penny Black 4271 Winter Ledge:
After stamping with VersaFine Onyx Black, I inked my background using Distress Ink.  I added subtle shading to the sun using a Prismacolor Pencil.  I also used a Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Pitt Artist Pen in black to darken some of the branches.  Finally, I used a white Prismacolor Pencil to shade the snow and trace around the darkest branches.

For more ideas and a look at the new release stamps, be sure to visit the Penny Black blog, beginning Thursday, 8/2.

Thanks so much for visiting, my friends.  See you soon with more cards and new stamps! :)

14 comments :

Jana said...

I entered your blog knowing it was going to be dangerous (and cost me money! heehee). LOVE this

Jennie said...

Beautiful!!! Love the snowy accents and lovely scene Jill!

Annette Allen said...

wow this is stunning..

Cathy Fongjoyo said...

Beautiful card, Jill. Your cards full of beautiful colors,make me happy

Dawn T said...

what a beautiful card Jill.... the new stamps are looking awesome.

Aimes said...

Gorgeous stamping and inking, Jill! Love the shape of this card too!
Hugs!
Aimes
x

Anette said...

Totally gorgeous, Jill!!

Elizabeth Allan said...

This reminds me of a beautiful winter morning as the sun begins to rise!

Deb Lorence said...

What a wonderful winter scene!

Becky said...

What beautiful colors.

Katie said...

Jill that is such a beautiful card. You are so talented. I learn so much from your blog. Thanks for your videos and tutorials.

Peggy H said...

Wow, love the new stamp. but more importantly i love what you did with it. the white on the branches is so cool. Guess being in cold country is rubbing off! hugs!

Stephanie said...

I saw this on the FB page - it's awesome Jill!! I can't wait to play with the new PB stamps :D x

3kidmama said...

Beautiful! You really know how to make a stamped image "come to life"!