May 23, 2012

Inspired by...Nancy

I'm thrilled to announce that I'll be featuring Nancy's work over the next couple of weeks.  She was a featured artist here a while back and I love her work so much I had to share some more. :)  And besides being a wonderful artist, she is a wonderful person. I've had the pleasure of meeting Nancy at CHA and her warm smile and great hugs always make my day!  Our first inspiration piece by Nancy is this awesome canvas:
And here's my take.  I was especially inspired by her cheery color scheme and lovely die cuts and embellishments.
I began by stamping Penny Black 30-103 Wishes using Versafine ink in the color of Imperial Purple.  The flowers were colored with Faber-Castell Art Grip colored pencils.  The rosette (Tim Holtz/Sizzix die) was cut from Penny Black Mix and Match cardstock and inked with Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink.  The leaves, die by Sizzix, were inked with Pine Needles Distress Ink.  The background (Spellbinders Labels 8) was inked with Elderberry Memento Ink and stamped with this same ink (Penny Black 4239K Scented Message).  To highlight the flowers and leaves of the background stamping, I colored them with a white Faber-Castell Art Grip colored pencil.  Finally, the bottom portion of the card was inked with Wild Honey Distress Ink, rubbing the ink pad directly onto the paper. Bling by Prima.
See you soon with another masterpiece by Nancy! Thanks for visiting!

15 comments :

Joy said...

Super pretty Jill, I love the vibrant look that you created, great person to CASE, Nancy is so super sweet and talented, this shows that in her canvas here..hugs

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, Jill!!

Paula (PEP) said...

It just amazes me how you take the various elements from someone else's work & produce a piece that is utterly your own. I sit & ponder & look & love seeing it. The texture on that bottom Spiced Marmalade panel is lovely & the white emphasizing of the images in the top portion a super touch.
Paula (PEP)

Elizabeth Allan said...

Beautiful colors and the pleated fan element is such a fun embellishment element!

Nancy K said...

Seriously, could your card be any more awesome?! The purple background absolutely sings it's so gorgeous. Love this design, Jill; it's totally an honor for me to be your muse. Love ya~

Gina Alferez said...

Congrats Nancy and I love your version Jill! A wonderful card design as always.

Katie said...

I love your card, super great color combination!

Kimberli Sarsfield said...

Such beautiful colors and layers! Another stunning card:)

donna mikasa said...

Nice to see a return visit from Nancy! Love your take on her masterpiece! The colors and design are fabulous!

pooky said...

Love your take on Nancy's creation Jill! They are both masterpieces! Love, love the colors:)

Isha Gupta said...

Gorgeous bright and happy card Jill. Love the accordion flower peeking thru. TFS your beautiful creation.

Lin said...

How wonderful to see Nancy's card here and your take on it, Jill! You are so lucky to have been able to meet her!

Barb said...

Oh, I am so happy you're featuring Nancy this week! Love her! That canvas of hers is so beautiful and so is your amazing take, Jill! I'm hoping I can meet Nancy someday too! :)

Dawn T said...

I love Nancy's work and I am impressed with you take on her canvas. Can't wait to see more of both your works.

Renee V said...

Oh my your coloring is GORGEOUS!! I especially love that purple Memento ink and the TH Distress Ink for the leaves.. This is just so pretty, thanks for the inspiration!