May 25, 2012

Nancy *Day 2*

I love the simple elegance of this next inspiration card by Nancy.  The beautiful stamping in that warm yellow just makes me smile. I love the subtle gray of the sentiment, too, combined with the twine. 
Here's my take:
I began by stamping Penny Black 4240K Flamboyant after inking it with Distress Stains (Wild Honey, Forest Moss, and Vintage Photo).  After stamping, I added additional shading with Faber-Castell Art Grip colored pencils.  The background was stamped and inked with Pumice Stone Distress Ink (Penny Black 4242K Flower Garden). I also inked the edges with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink.
And I just had to mention that Nancy has some great Faber-Castell blog candy at her blog- check it out HERE.
Thanks so much for your visits and comments- it means so much to me.
Have a wonderful weekend, my stamping friends!

11 comments :

Dawn T said...

both card are stunning. Love the yellows on them both. Awesome you two

Paula (PEP) said...

Lovely watercolour effect with your stamping & I love the Pumice Stone background you created. The twin really gives a lovely natural feel.
Paula (PEP)

Barb said...

I don't think I remember that card from Nancy - it's so pretty! Love your fabulous take too, Jill!

Pam W Merwin said...

Your cards are always amazing and inspiring - think I need to sit at your feet and watch you color! This is amazing :)

Elizabeth Allan said...

Thank you for sharing this gorgeous eye candy!! Happy Friday!

Nancy K said...

oh golly, Jill; you are a genius with pencils, stamps and ink! simply amazing card, sweet friend!

Vicky said...

I love Nancy's cards! She is so talented, so happy you are featuring her! Jill your card is gorgeous!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Wow! JIll you have outdone yourself! Love your card!

Maureen Chandler said...

WOW - what beautiful cards! I just love your inspiration and thank you for sharing your talent.

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful stamping and colors!

Carole said...

Absolutely stunning Jill. I love to visit and see what your next project is.