May 4, 2012

Inspired by...Stephanie *Day 4*

I love Stephanie's beautiful use of a brushstroke stamp on this next inspiration card. I also love the overall design of her card as well!
Here's my take on Stephanie's beautiful design:

I began by stamping Penny Black 40-099 Soft Wings using Memento Ink in the color of Peanut Brittle.  I then colored the image with Faber-Castell Art Grip Colored Pencils and cut it out.  The background was inked with Distress Ink (Peeled Paint, Forest Moss, and Crushed Olive) then flicked with water.  All other stamps by Penny Black: 30-103 ...Wishes, and 40-112 Wow... .
I want to extend a big thanks to Stephanie for allowing me to share her awesome work these past two weeks!  And another BIG thanks to all of you for your visits and sweet comments.  Have an great weekend!

8 comments :

Dawn T said...

both your card and Stephanie's are awesome. Love the design

Paula (PEP) said...

Beautifully soft colours & I love the deep green edging down the side of the banner & how that adds such oomph to your inked background - I think it must be something to do with the contrast between ink & cardstock that makes it so powerful. Your colouring of the butterfly is an inspiration & I love the way that wing tip hangs into the banner.
Paula (PEP)

Stephanie said...

You are awesome Jill. nuff said. (lol) Have a great weekend x

Susie said...

Beautiful cards. I love the water-flicking on your background. I'm going to give that a try.

Debbie said...

Both are beautiful and your butterfly is Spectacular!!!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Wonderful sketch pattern used on today's cards. Jill I really enjoy seeing your artwork and being introduced to Stephanie's style!

Maureen Chandler said...

WOW - two more amazing cards! Thanks for sharing all this talent!!

sheila said...

both cards are spectacular and that butterfly is incredible Jill!