May 9, 2012

Sketch *Day 2*

I was having so much fun playing with the sketch I used in this week's PB&J video that I made a couple more cards using this sketch as inspiration.  Here's another look at the sketch:
I began by stamping Penny Black 30-102 A Little Bird... with VersaMark Onyx Black Ink and embossing with clear embossing powder.  I then colored the image with Copic markers and distressed with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink.  The background was inked with Wild Honey and Scattered Straw Distress Ink and stamped with Penny Black 40-135 Floral Thread using Memento Peanut Brittle Ink.  The blue Penny Black Mix and Match cardstock was embossed with Sizzix Gridlock embossing folder and then sanded to reveal the white core of the paper.  The touches of red cardstock were first inked with Fired Brick Distress Ink and then stamped with Penny Black 1999L Letter Background.  Sentiment by Penny Black, 30-097 Hello Gorgeous.
Thanks for the visit-- see you soon with one more card using this sketch!

10 comments :

Isha Gupta said...

This is a stunner Jill. Love love the effect and colors. TFS

Dawn T said...

fabulous Jill. I've printed out the sketch and added to my note book. Today's card is wonderful

Elizabeth Allan said...

This is sketch-licious! Wish I looked like that when I am riding my bike!

Jennie said...

LOVE this sketch and what a fun card Jill!! Such a fun looking background stamp.

Paula (PEP) said...

Delightfully bright & I love the way you coloured her skirt. Super the way the background yellow flower centre stamping picks up on the spokes of the wheels.
Paula (PEP)

Becky said...

This is so cute! Beautiful bright colors.

Nancy K said...

Love this!! Wonderful primary colors!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love the sketch and all of your cards! You Rock!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Oh My Gosh Jill! This is just so happy and cheery and fun! I adore this - you made me smile so big! Have a wonderfulday friend! XOXO

Melissa Shea said...

Beautiful! I LOVE, always LOVE your color choices :) So bright & cheery, always makes me smile :) All the layering and details, just a beautiful card!