November 4, 2011

Clare *Day 4*

Happy Friday!  I hope everyone has had a wonderful week.  I can say that I'm definitely excited for tonite and this weekend.  I have two classes at Mementos with some of my favorite stamping friends! :)  Here is our last inspiration by Clare:
Gorgeous; right? I love her beautiful stamped and colored poppies.  And this card has such a nice, simple, and crisp design!
Here's my take:
I began by stamping Penny Black Poppies with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto Copic X-Press It Blending Cardstock.  I then colored in the poppies using Copic markers.  The background was distressed with Broken China, Old Paper, and Peeled Paint Distress Ink.  I then lightly stamped this background using Penny Black 1999L (inked with Old Paper Distress Ink and some ink was removed with a baby wipe before stamping).  Background papers by Crate Paper and sentiment by SRM stickers.

Thanks sooooo much to Clare for allowing me to share her work this week.  It's been an honor! And thanks to all of you for stoppin' by! Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

8 comments :

Elizabeth Allan said...

Jill thanks for another fabulous and colorful week of inspiration and for introducing us to Clare. Have a super weekend.

sheila said...

I love the way both cards use a "strip" of colored panel. I never think to do that but it adds so much interest to a card design. Both cards are lovely.

Pat said...

These are lovely...and I think I'll copy the sketch! Simple yet elegant! :) Have a great weekend!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

LOVE both of these pretty cards! What a great idea to have the flowers in a strip like that. Wonderful...and inspiring! Have a great weekend!

Gilda said...

Beautiful cards and how fitting seeing that poppies are the symbol for Remembrance Day on November 11.

Dawn T said...

both are awesome Jill. Your take on Clare's card is wonderful

Tiffany Ervin said...

Love the long rows of pretty flowers popping up! Beautiful work ladies!

Anonymous said...

Your card is gorgeous Jill! I love the long row of flowers on both - such a great effect!