November 15, 2011

Inspired by... Jeanne J.

This week's featured artist has a beautiful style and an eye for details, it's Jeanne J!  Take a look at our first inspiration card by Jeanne:
The texture of Jeanne's background is perfect.  And did you see her awesome stitching, too?  Finally, Jeanne's coloring makes her flowers glow!
Here is my take:
I began by stamping Penny Black Star Inspired with VersaFine Onyx Black Ink and embossing with clear embossing powder.  The flowers and leaves were colored with Faber-Castell Stamper's Big Brush markers and then cut out and layered.  The background was inked with Pumice Stone and Old Paper Distress ink and then stamped with Pumice Stone Distress Ink using Penny Black Circles and Lines.  Sentiment by Penny Black, Salutations.  Oh, and that flower center was created using Candi dots. Notecard and yellow background distressed with Wild Honey and Walnut Stain Distress Ink.

Thanks so much for visiting today.  Be sure to pop by Jeanne's blog for lots more inspiration, I just know you'll love what you see! :)


13 comments :

Chelsea said...

I love the bright orange color in these cards.

Isha Gupta said...

Awesome car Jill. Love the colors and your take on the inspiring card. TFS

Barb said...

Love the texture and sunny colors on Jeanne's card and your take is gorgeous, Jill!

Dotty Jo said...

Thanks for a real touch of warmth on a chilly day! Great cards, that stitching is a knock-out! Jo x

Jeanne J. said...

Jill - Your card is gorgeous! I love how the colors just pop! Beautiful!

sheila said...

Oh I love both of these sunshiney little beauties! I love Jeanee's put on the canvas...so cool and I love the background you created to mimic the canvas on yours...and the "pile on" of candi dots = so cool! LOVE!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh my! Is that pop of orange ever so beautiful!! Love both creations, Jill!

Beebeebabs said...

You did a great job thanks for sharing!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow this is so beautiful Jill! I love the background on this and those colours. Such a pretty card :)

Dawn T said...

love your bright flower Jill.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Love both these bright and sunny flowers! Perfect way to start out a day!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

I think I just fainted. Such gorgeous cards!! Love them both...what a nice post! :-)

Evelyn S. said...

I love your card, Jill! Every time I see one of your cards, I see a stamp that I think I need! ;-)