November 28, 2011

PB and J Video Tutorial

This week on the Penny Black blog, the designers will be sharing projects that are "anything but a card."  Today I've embellished a frame which is backed with chicken wire, perfect for displaying handmade cards, photos, or even inspirational ideas cut from magazines or idea books.  I've used some mini clothespins to attach my photo and handmade card to this frame.  Be sure to visit the Penny Black blog for the video showing the creation of this project from start to finish.  Click HERE to check it out!

And before I go, I just wanted to mention that Mementos is celebrating Cyber Monday all week!  Free shipping on all orders, both Canada and US! And enter "be thankful" to receive 10% off your order, too. :)  Click HERE to shop.

6 comments :

sheila said...

this is such a cool project Jill...just perfect for my college age girls to hang in their apts/dorm rooms! thanks for the idea!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Jill your idea perfectly combines functionality with art! Very cool!

Barb said...

This is such a neat idea, Jill! Just love your beautiful, creative frame!

MarcyK924 said...

Oh how cute is this, Jill! I H.E.A.R.T. chicken wire and was given a bunch of mini clothespins as a RAK, so I may try my hand at this with an antique frame I have. I'll proudly display it in my studio, thanks to you!

Paula (PEP) said...

Goodness this was a delight - thanks for so much info - I really look forward to Mondays with your tutorials. I love the way you altered the tag & made it so interesting by tearing & inking. The flower is one I have & I love how you made those leaves for it.
Paula (PEP)

Dawn T said...

Great project Jill. Your flowers are stunning and so quick using the distress stains. Very impressive